Miki Howard (album)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011)
Miki Howard is the third studio album by American R&B singer Miki Howard, released in 1989 on Atlantic Records. The album peaked at No. 4 on the Billboard Top R&B Albums chart. Howard scored her first number-one song with the lead single released from the album, "Ain't Nuthin' in the World", on the Billboard R&B Singles chart.
|Studio album by|
|Released||October 24, 1989|
|Producer||Jon Nettlesbey & Terry Coffey|
Gerald Levert & Marc Gordon
|Miki Howard chronology|
|Singles from Miki Howard|
The follow-up singles, "Love Under New Management" and a cover of Aretha Franklin's 1974 number-one R&B hit, "Until You Come Back to Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)", both scored top five success peaking at No. 2 and No. 3, respectively, on the R&B Singles chart. Howard's version of "Until You Come Back to Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)" also reached No. 67 on the UK Singles Chart, her first and only song on this chart.
|1.||"If You Still Love Her"||Terry Coffey, Jon Nettlesbey||Jon Nettlesbey, Terry Coffey||5:31|
|2.||"Come Home to Me"||Terry Coffey, Jon Nettlesbey||Nettlesbey, Coffey||5:42|
|3.||"Until You Come Back to Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)"||Morris Broadnax, Clarence Paul, Stevie Wonder||Nettlesbey, Coffey||4:03|
|4.||"Ain't Nuthin' in the World"||Terry Coffey, Jon Nettlesbey||Nettlesbey, Coffey||4:54|
|5.||"Love Under New Management"||Annette Hardeman, Gabriel Hardeman||Nick Martinelli||6:46|
|6.||"I'll Be Your Shoulder" (featuring Gerald Levert)||Gerald Levert, Marc Gordon||Gerald Levert, Marc Gordon||5:08|
|7.||"Love Me All Over"||Coffey, Nettlesbey||Nettlesbey, Coffey||4:03|
|8.||"Mister"||Levert, Gordon||Levert, Gordon||3:45|
|9.||"Just the Way You Want Me To"||Duane Mitchell, Terry Stubbs||Levert, Gordon||5:18|
|10.||"Who Ever Said It Was Love"||Miki Howard||Larry Blackmon||4:55|
- "I'll Be Your Shoulder", "Mister" and "Just the Way You Want Me To" features background vocals by Eddie Levert, Sr. of The O'Jays, Terry Stubbs, Gerald and Sean Levert. "Love Me All Over" features background vocals by R&B singer Keith Washington. "Who Ever Said It Was Love" produced by Larry Blackmon of Cameo.
|U.S. Billboard 200||112|
|U.S. Billboard Top R&B Albums||4|
|1989||"Ain't Nuthin' in the World"||1||—|
|"Love Under New Management"||2||—|
|1990||"Until You Come Back to Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)"||3||67|
|"Come Home to Me"||53||—|
- Lytle, Craig. "Miki Howard – Miki Howard". Allmusic.com. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- "Miki Howard - Miki Howard". Billboard.com. 1990-03-24. Retrieved 2012-08-22.
- "Top Hip-Hop and R&B Albums & Charts". Billboard.com. 1990-03-24. Retrieved 2012-08-22.
- "Miki Howard Album & Song Chart History". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-08-22.
- "Miki Howard Official Charts Company". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2009-09-05.