Orange County SC(Redirected from Los Angeles Blues)
Orange County Soccer Club is an American soccer team based in the Orange County, California suburb of Irvine, California, United States. Founded in 2010 as the Los Angeles Blues, the team plays in the second-tier United Soccer League and is the affiliate of Major League Soccer club Los Angeles FC.
|Full name||Orange County Soccer Club|
|Stadium||Championship Soccer Stadium
|League||United Soccer League|
|2017||10th, Western Conference
The team plays its home games at Championship Soccer Stadium, located inside Great Park in Irvine, CA.
The then Los Angeles Blues were founded by Iranian-American businessman Ali Mansouri and announced as a USL Pro expansion franchise on November 7, 2010. The team was associated with the United Soccer Leagues W-League team LA Blues, and is part of the larger Orange County Blues organization, which has competed in Los Angeles-area amateur leagues since 1998. They introduced their first three players—goalkeeper Oscar Dautt and midfielders Cesar Rivera and Josh Tudela—at a formal launch event on December 14, 2010.
After an extensive pre-season, the Blues played their first games in the Caribbean over the weekend of April 15–17, 2011, a 3–0 victory over Sevilla Puerto Rico, and a 2–1 victory over Antigua Barracuda. The first goal in franchise history was scored by Cesar Rivera.
In January 2012, the Blues announced the hiring of Steve Donner (formerly CEO of Orlando City) as vice president of business operations to focus on improving marketing for the club and to bring professionalism to the front-office. The first game of the 2012 season reflected these efforts with a 2,432 attendance compared to 696 for the first home game in 2011 (the Blues averaged 382 during the 2011 season).
Colors and crestEdit
Players and staffEdit
- As of May 9, 2018 
- Oliver Wyss – Executive Vice President Soccer Operations and General Manager
- Braeden Cloutier – Head Coach
- Jerry Tamashiro – Assistant Coach
- Victor Nogueira – Goalkeeping Coach
- Claudio Trabattoni – Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Peter Nugent – Assistant GM & SVP of Player Recruitment & Soccer Operations
- Frans Hoek – Technical Director & Senior Advisor
|Year||Division||League||Regular Season||Playoffs||Open Cup||Attendance|
|Los Angeles Blues|
|2011||3||USL||3rd, National||Divisional Semifinals||3rd Round||—|
|2012||3||USL||8th||Did not qualify||2nd Round||—|
|Orange County Blues|
|2014||3||USL||13th||Did not qualify||2nd Round||760|
|2015||3||USL||1st, Western||Conference Semifinals||4th Round||1,398|
|2016||3||USL||8th, Western||Conference Semifinals||2nd Round||1,010|
|Orange County SC|
|2017||2||USL||10th, Western||Did not qualify||4th Round||2,575|
- LA Blues Set to Play in USL PRO Archived December 10, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Los Angeles Blues Sign First Three Players
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on April 23, 2011. Retrieved April 19, 2011.
- Scott French (April 13, 2012). L.A. BLUES: Starting over, with a plan. ESPNLosAngeles.com.
- Staff, USLSoccer.com (2016-12-07). "LAFC, Orange County Blues FC Announce Multi-Year Partnership". United Soccer League. Retrieved 2017-12-10.
- "Orange County SC roster". OrangeCountySoccer.com. Retrieved 18 March 2018.