Load–store unit(Redirected from Load and store)
This article's factual accuracy may be compromised due to out-of-date information. (March 2017)
In computer engineering a load–store unit is a specialized execution unit responsible for executing all load and store instructions, generating virtual addresses of load and store operations and loading data from memory or storing it back to memory from registers.
The load–store unit usually includes a queue which acts as a waiting area for memory instructions, and the unit itself operates independently of other processor units.
Some load-store units are also capable of executing simple fixed-point and/or integer operations.
- "IBM POWER8 processor core microarchitecture (PDF Download Available)". ResearchGate.
- "Structure of Computer Systems" (PDF). Users.utcluj.ro. p. 320. Retrieved 2017-06-23.
- "ARM Information Center". infocenter.arm.com.
- Memory Systems: Cache, DRAM, Disk by Bruce Jacob, Spencer Ng, David Wang 2007 ISBN 0123797519 page 298
- Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach by John L. Hennessy, David A. Patterson 2011 ISBN 012383872X pages 293-295