Load–store unit(Redirected from Load and store)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In computer engineering a load–store unit is a specialized execution unit responsible for executing all load and store instructions, generating virtual addresses of load and store operations and loading data from memory or storing it back to memory from registers.
The load–store unit usually includes a queue which acts as a waiting area for memory instructions, and the unit itself operates independently of other processor units.
Some load-store units are also capable of executing simple fixed-point and/or integer operations.
- "IBM POWER8 processor core microarchitecture (PDF Download Available)". ResearchGate.
- "Structure of Computer Systems" (PDF). Users.utcluj.ro. p. 320. Retrieved 2017-06-23.
- "ARM Information Center". infocenter.arm.com.
- Memory Systems: Cache, DRAM, Disk by Bruce Jacob, Spencer Ng, David Wang 2007 ISBN 0123797519 page 298
- Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach by John L. Hennessy, David A. Patterson 2011 ISBN 012383872X pages 293-295