Livin' the Dream (song)
"Livin' the Dream" is a song written by Tom Douglas, Jaren Johnston and Luke Laird and recorded by American country music artist Drake White. It was released to radio on December 7, 2015 as the second single to his debut studio album, Spark, which was released on August 19, 2016.
|"Livin' the Dream"|
|Single by Drake White|
|from the album Spark|
|Released||December 7, 2015|
|Drake White singles chronology|
The song is about a "lower middle class couple" who are struggling but "focusing on the emotional salve of the healthy, adoring relationship". White told Billboard that "This song does have a realistic point to it that there are bad things going on out there, but at the end of the day, it’s that tough stuff that makes the good stuff good."
- Roland, Tom (January 26, 2016). "Drake White's 'Livin' The Dream': A Gracious Message for a Harsh Time". Billboard. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- Dukes, Billy (January 19, 2016). "ToC Critic's Pick: Drake White, 'Livin' the Dream' [Listen] Read More: ToC Critic's Pick: Drake White, 'Livin' the Dream' [Listen]". Taste of Country. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "Drake White Chart History (Bubbling Under Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved November 15, 2016.
- "Drake White Chart History (Country Airplay)". Billboard.
- "Drake White Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "Country Airplay: Year End 2016". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved January 5, 2017.
- "Hot Country Songs: Year End 2016". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved January 5, 2017.