List of listed buildings in Ballater, Aberdeenshire
|Name||Location||Date Listed||Grid Ref. [note 1]||Geo-coordinates||Notes||LB Number [note 2]||Image|
|Deebank Road, Riverston||Category C(S)||21846|
|1 And 3 Bridge Street And 2 Deebank Road||Category C(S)||21849|
|Old Line Road, Sluievannachie Including Cheese Press And Boundary Wall||Category B||21852|
|Braemar Road, St Kentigern's Church (Scottish Episcopal) Including Walls||Category C(S)||21830|
|Station Square, Albert Memorial And Victoria Halls And Gordon Institute||Category C(S)||21833|
|36 Braemar Road, Craigendarroch House And Boundary Wall||Category C(S)||50642|
|44 Braemar Road, Aspen Lodge Summerhouse||Category C(S)||50644|
|Church Square, Commemorative Drinking Well||Category C(S)||50647|
|11 Bridge Square, Inverdeen House||Category C(S)||21839|
|Deebank Road, Inchley||Category B||21847|
|50 Braemar Road, The Old Coach House, The Neuk, Hillcrest And Including Boundary Wall||Category C(S)||49294|
|42 Braemar Road, Glenbardie Guest House Including Ancillary Structure And Boundary Wall||Category C(S)||50643|
|2 And 4 Church Square||Category C(S)||50648|
|Victoria Road, Pavilion||Category C(S)||50651|
|Station Square, Former Ballater Railway Station Including Platform||Category B||21854|
|Church Square, Glenmuick Parish Church, (Church Of Scotland)||Category B||21828|
|5 And 7 Victoria Road||Category C(S)||50652|
|10 Bridge Square||Category C(S)||21838|
|Deebank Road, 9 Deebank Road And Boundary Wall||Category B||21848|
|Bridge Square, Monaltrie Hotel Including Boundary Wall||Category C(S)||21850|
|Bridge Street, Bank Of Scotland Including Boundary Walls||Category C(S)||21841|
|Dee Street, Deebank House Including Boundary Wall||Category C(S)||21843|
|Queen's Road, Abergeldie Road And School Lane, Victoria Barracks Including Boundary Wall||Category B||21832|
|School Lane, The Old School Including Boundary Walls And 6 Abergeldie Road||Category C(S)||50650|
|Church Square, Gordon Cottage And 1 Hawthorn Place Including Ancillary Buildings And Boundary Wall||Category C(S)||21829|
|47 Braemar Road, Ravenswood Hotel including Boundary Wall||Category C(S)||50641|
|Corner Of Braemar Road And Invercauld Road, Commemorative Fountain||Category C(S)||50646|
|Dee Street, Ford House Including Boundary Walls And Gatepiers||Category C(S)||21842|
|Ballater, Royal Bridge||Category B||21851|
|Station Square, K6 Telephone Kiosk||Category B||21853|
|Golf Road, St Nathalan's Roman Catholic Church And Presbytery Including Boundary Walls And Gatepiers||Category C(S)||21831|
|Braemar Road, Oakhall (Now Darroch Learg Annexe), Including Boundary Wall And Gatepiers||Category B||21835|
|19 And 21 Queen's Road, Ballater Masonic Lodge Including Boundary Wall, Gate And Lantern||Category C(S)||50649|
The scheme for classifying buildings in Scotland is:
- Category A: "buildings of national or international importance, either architectural or historic; or fine, little-altered examples of some particular period, style or building type."
- Category B: "buildings of regional or more than local importance; or major examples of some particular period, style or building type, which may have been altered."
- Category C: "buildings of local importance; lesser examples of any period, style, or building type, as originally constructed or moderately altered; and simple traditional buildings which group well with other listed buildings."
In March 2016 there were 47,288 listed buildings in Scotland. Of these, 8 per cent were Category A, and 50 per cent were Category B, with the rest listed at Category C.
- Sometimes known as OSGB36, the grid reference (where provided) is based on the British national grid reference system used by the Ordnance Survey.
• "Guide to National Grid". Ordnance Survey. Retrieved 2007-12-12.
• "Get-a-map". Ordnance Survey. Retrieved 2007-12-17.
- Historic Environment Scotland assign a unique alphanumeric identifier to each designated site in Scotland, for listed buildings this always begins with "LB", for example "LB12345".