(Redirected from Light intensity (disambiguation))
Several measures of light are commonly known as intensity:
- Radiant intensity, a radiometric quantity measured in watts per steradian (W/sr)
- Luminous intensity, a photometric quantity measured in lumens per steradian (lm/sr), or candela (cd)
- Irradiance, a radiometric quantity, measured in watts per meter squared (W/m2)
- Intensity (physics), the name for irradiance used in other branches of physics (W/m2)
- Radiance, commonly called "intensity" in astronomy and astrophysics (W·sr−1·m−2)
- Brightness, the subjective perception elicited by the luminance of a source
- Luminance, the photometric equivalent of radiance (lm·sr−1·m−2)
- Photometry (optics), measurement of light, in terms of its perceived brightness to the human eye
- Radiometry, measurement of light, in absolute power units
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Light intensity.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.