Champagne Lanson(Redirected from Lanson)
Champagne Lanson is a Champagne house located in Reims. Since 2006 it has been owned by Lanson-BCC group headed by Bruno Paillard. Lanson was founded in 1760 by a magistrate, François Delamotte. He was succeeded by his son Nicholas-Louis in 1798 and formed a partnership with Jean-Baptiste Lanson, who, in 1837, gave the company the name of Lanson et Cie. The company focused, as still today, on exporting champagne to foreign markets. By the late 19th century, Lanson was supplying champagne by royal appointment to the courts of the United Kingdom, Sweden and Spain. Lanson remains a purveyor of champagne to the British Royal Family and displays the coat of arms of Elizabeth II on its bottles.
The champagne house remained family owned until 1980, when it was sold by Etitenne and Pierre Lanson to the Gardinier Group. It changed hands several times until 1994, when it was purchased by Marne et Champagne (which renamed itself Lanson International). In 1996, Lanson International was purchased by the Boizel-Chanoine Group (BCC). Lanson and Besserat de Bellefon became part of this group, which also includes; Phillipponnat, de Venoge, Chanoine, Boizel and A.Bonnet. The Boizel-Chanoine Group also make 'House Label' Champagne for several UK supermarkets and independent retailers. In 2006, the Lanson-BCC group was created.
In 2008, a major repackaging exercised took place. The new packaging is reminiscent of the Lanson House Style, in the early/late 1980s.
Range of winesEdit
- Black Label: Brut, 50% Pinot Noir, 35% Chardonnay and 15% Pinot Meunier
- Rose Label: Rosé, 53% Pinot Noir, 32% Chardonnay and 15% Pinot Meunier
- Ivory Label: Demi-Sec, 50% Pinot Noir, 35% Chardonnay and 15% Pinot Meunier
- White Label: Sec, 38% Chardonnay, 37% Pinot Noir and 25% Pinot Meunier, made without malolactic fermentation
- Green Label Organic
- Père et Fils [exclusive to the on-trade]
- Gold Label: Brut, 50% Pinot Noir and 50% Chardonnay
- Extra Age Brut
- Extra Age Rosé
- Extra Age Blanc de Blancs
- Noble Cuvée Brut Vintage
- Noble Cuvée Blanc de Blanc Brut Vintage
- Noble Cuvée Brut Rosé
- Clos Lanson: Brut, 100% Chardonnay, single vineyard