La Pola (TV series)
La Pola is a Colombian drama telenovela based on historical facts and directed by Sergio Cabrera for RCN Televisión. The series tells the political and loving life of Policarpa Salavarrieta, a woman who became one of the most important figures in the history of the Independence of Colombia for preferring death instead of submission. The series originally aired from September 13, 2010 to July 27, 2011.
|Story by||Juan Carlos Pérez Florez|
|Directed by||Sergio Cabrera|
|Music by||Germán Arrieta|
|Country of origin||Colombia|
|No. of episodes||200|
|Executive producer||Juan Carlos Perez Florez|
|Original network||RCN Televisión|
|Original release||September 13, 2010 –|
July 27, 2011
The action of the telenovela is located in Viceroyalty of New Granada, early nineteenth century and the period of Colombian independence called Patria Boba, just before and after the cry of the Colombian Independence of the Spanish Empire on July 20, 1810, A strong crisis due to the French invasion by Napoleon. It was a time of definitions because it was realistic or patriotic. There is a struggle for the independence of the Spaniards and for trying to organize an army to defend the nascent country that is not yet called Colombia and freedom. A time of injustice.
Within this framework, a love story is woven between La Pola and Alejo Sabaraín. A story that has always attracted the attention of Colombians and historians. La Pola, a valiant and visionary woman, with libertarian ideals and equality; A woman advanced to those times where prevailing machismo and rigid social hierarchies prevent the female gender from having even a voice but La Pola is the opposite does not remain silent on anything that has to do with a macho order.
It is a time when love is still eternal and where a kiss means everything. La Pola will live a stormy, painful and passionate romance with Alejo Sabaraín, son of arribista and ambitious Spanish and a creole, a man prohibited for her in all aspects, for its ancestry, for being chapetón and also to belong to the armies of the Spanish Crown ; In short, a relationship that is seen as a sin and a transgression of the colonial order. But the attraction will be so strong that the couple will try to enjoy their love, no matter what the obstacle, whether it is death.
- Carolina Ramírez as Pola Salavarrieta
- Ana María Estupiñán as Young Pola Salavarrieta
- Emmanuel Esparza as Alejandro Sabbarain
- Pablo Espinosa as Young Alejandro Sabbarain
- Luis Fernando Hoyos as Antonio Nariño
- Valentina Rendón as Magdalena Ortega de Nariño
- Juliana Galvis as Maria Ignacia de Valencia
- Sebastián Martínez as Jorge Tadeo Lozano
- Andoni Ferreño as Francisco Javier Sabaraín y San Vicente
- Manuel Navarro as Juan Sámano
- Zharick León as Catarina Salavarrieta
- Laura Torres as Young Catarina Salavarrieta
- José Sospedra as Leandro Sabaraín
- Joel Bosqued as Young Leandro Sabaraín
- Diego Trujillo as Domingo Garcia
- Marcela Agudelo as María Teresa Ramos de Sabaraín
- Héctor De Malba as Gaspar Alonso de Valencia
- María Elena Döehring as Eusebia Caicedo Santamaria de Valencia
- Luis Felipe Cortés as Juliano
- Ana Mosquera as Nicolasa
- Ana María Arango as Gertrudis
- Kepa Amuchastegui as Gobernador Miguel Tacón
- Mariano Venancio as Virrey Antonio Amar y Borbón
- Ana Fernández as Doña Francisca Villanova y Marco
- Matilde Lemaitre as Young María Ignacia Valencia
- Greeicy Rendón as Sierva
- Carlos Humberto Camacho as Francisco José de Caldas
- "La Pola "amar la hizo libre"". lomaselite.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- "La Pola: despertar el amor por la historia nacional". canalrcn.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- "Inconsistencias históricas en la novela de RCN sobre 'La Pola', causa polémica entre historiadores". eltiempo.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- "En La Pola Diego Trujillo interpreta a Domingo García". diegotrujillo.com.co (in Spanish). Retrieved 13 May 2017.