This article's factual accuracy is disputed. (June 2017)
Kantanka Automobile, a Ghana based automotive company that designs, manufactures, assembles and sells luxury cars, was established in 1994 by Kwadwo Safo Kantanka and incorporated as a limited liability into the manufacturing of automotive components and their combination with other parts outsourced from component suppliers to form a complete built unit. In 1998, the first complete built unit (CBU) was manufactured using over 75% of local components, locally manufactured including the engine block. By 2006, the first SUV, the Onantefo, was manufactured.
|Kwadwo Safo Kantanka (Director)|
|Owner||Kwadwo Safo Kantanka Jnr.|
Kantanka is alleged to have manufactured military hardware such as armored personnel carriers, tanks, and helicopters. However these devices appear to use fireworks as their primary weapons system. They have also developed combat exoskeletons, which appear to function more as costume props than true weapons systems.
Kantanka launched an armored vehicle with rangefinder in the 2018 Annual Technology Show at Apostle Safo School of Arts and Sciences.
- "About Apostle Safo". Africa Redemption Magazine. July 11, 2013.
- "Jalopnik – The Apostle's Car". www.jalopnik.com. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- "Globalized Operation – Chongqing Big Technology Co., Ltd". bigmtauto.en.alibaba.com.
- "Kantanka Outdoors "Nkunimdie V8" – Daily Guide". www.dailyguideghana.com. Archived from the original on 2015-01-09. Retrieved 2015-04-22.
- "The Living Apostle Who Sold The Media On The Myth Of 'Ghana's First Car'". Jalopnik.
- "Ghana News – Safo Kantanka's cars go on sale next month". www.myjoyonline.com. Retrieved 2015-04-22.
- potenzaglobalsolutions.com. "Inventory Archive". Kantanka Automobile | Africa's No 1 Choice Automaker. Retrieved 2020-01-11.
- Rogoway, Tyler; Trevithick, Joseph (January 14, 2019). "Ghana's 'Super Soldiers' Wouldn't Win A High School Halloween Costume Contest". www.thedrive.com.
- "Kantanka". Graphic Online.