Joshua S. Goldstein
Joshua S. Goldstein (born December 27, 1952) is professor emeritus of international relations at American University. He graduated BA at Stanford University 1981 and gained his doctorate at MIT 1986. He was appointed professor in 1993 and was also a research scholar in political science at University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
In 1993, he founded the Bosnia Support Committee which he chaired for two years.
- Long cycles; prosperity and war in the modern age. Yale University Press. 1988. This book examined the causes of the Kondratiev Wave, identifying production, prices, war, innovation, investment and real wages as factors. David Hackett Fischer called this book 'the best introduction...careful, honest and thought-provoking..analyzes 33 attempts by scholars to test the existence of the Kondratieff wave.'  It also introduced the concept of the political midlife crisis.[page needed] Goldstein returned to this subject in 2005 in a paper, 'Predictive power of long wave theory, 1989-2004'.
- The Real Price of War: How You Pay for the War on Terror. New York University Press. 2005. ISBN 0814731627. OCLC 62726646.
- International Relations. Longman. 2007.
- War and Gender: How Gender Shapes the War System and Vice Versa. Cambridge University Press. 2009. ISBN 9780521807166. OCLC 965910926.
- Winning the war on war; the decline of armed conflict worldwide. 2011. ISBN 978-0-452-29859-0.
- Fischer, The Great Wave, OUP 1996, p 416
- Official website http://www.joshuagoldstein.com/