John Beauchamp, 2nd Baron Beauchamp of Somerset
He was born at Stoke-sub-Hamdon, Somersetshire, England, the eldest son and heir of Sir John de Beauchamp, 1st Baron Beauchamp of Somerset (1274–1336), feudal baron of Hatch, by his wife Joan Chenduit.
He married Margaret St John, the daughter of John St John, 1st Baron St John of Basing, Hampshire and his wife Isabel Courtenay. By Margaret, Beauchamp had three sons and three daughters:
- John de Beauchamp, 3rd Baron Beauchamp of Somerset (20 January 1329/1330 - 8 October 1361) who married Alice Beauchamp.
- Edward de Beauchamp (born c. 1330)
- William de Beauchamp (born c. 1331)
- Eleanor de Beauchamp (c. 1327 - 13 June 1391) who married three times: to John Blount, John De Meriet, and Henry Lunet.
- Cicely de Beauchamp (c. 1321 - 7 June 1394) who inherited the manors of Hatch Beauchamp, Shepton Beauchamp, Merryfield, Ilton and one third of the manor of Shepton Mallet, Somerset, the manors of Boultbery and Haberton, Devon, of Dorton, Buckinghamshire, and of Little Haw, Suffolk. She married twice: to Sir Roger St. Maur (alias Seymour), and on 14 September 1368, to Sir Richard Tuberville (or Sir Gilbert Turberville) of Coity Castle, Glamorgan.
- Margaret de Beauchamp (born c. 1326)
- Collins' Roll
- Sanders, I.J. English Baronies: A Study of their Origin and Descent 1086-1327, Oxford, 1960, p.51, note 2
- Sanders, I.J. English Baronies: A Study of their Origin and Descent 1086-1327, Oxford, 1960, p.51