Joseph Paul Tamatea Moody (born 18 September 1988) is a New Zealand rugby union footballer who plays as a prop for the Crusaders in Super Rugby and Canterbury in the ITM Cup. He made his debut for New Zealand in 2014 and has since won 31 international caps.
Moody playing for New Zealand, August 2017
|Full name||Joseph Paul Tamatea Moody|
|Date of birth||18 September 1988|
|Place of birth||Christchurch, New Zealand|
|Height||188 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||122 kg (269 lb; 19 st 3 lb)|
|Rugby union career|
Rugby union careerEdit
He was a member of the Crusaders Wider Training Squad for the 2013 Super Rugby season and he has subsequently been promoted to the senior squad for the 2013 season. He was included in the All Blacks squad for the 2013 Rugby Championship as cover for injured Crusaders' teammate Wyatt Crockett. Moody was named in New Zealand's 31-man squad for the 2015 Rugby World Cup where he played in the knockout stages. Moody eventually supplanted Crockett as the first-choice loosehead prop in 2016 when he was named in the All Blacks again.
Moody played in the 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan.
Moody wrestled from a young age until he was 21. He won several national titles.
|Date||Competition||Style||Age Group||Weight Class||Rank|
|25 August 2007||World Championship||Freestyle||Juniors||96.0||15|
|2 March 2007||Oceania Championship||Freestyle||Seniors||96.0||1|
|1 May 2006||Oceania Championship||Greco-Roman||Seniors||96.0||1|
|30 April 2006||Oceania Championship||Freestyle||Juniors||96.0||1|
- "Joe Moody Canterbury profile". Archived from the original on 7 February 2013. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "2013 Investec Super Rugby Crusaders squad announced". Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "Joe Moody Crusaders Player Profile". Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- "All Blacks squad named for Investec Rugby Championship". New Zealand Rugby Union. 4 August 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- "Maori All Blacks team to play Fiji". allblacks.com. 9 July 2015. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- BT Sport Rugby [@btsportrugby] (5 November 2016). "Yellow card! @AllBlacks' Joe Moody is sin-binned for tip-tackle on @IrishRugby's Robbie Henshaw. #IREvNZL" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Patrick McKendry (18 February 2014). "Rugby: Moody refuses to be counted out". NZ Herald. Retrieved 4 November 2014.