Jürgen Wolfgang Maier Siemens UK.or Juergen Wolfgang Maier (born 12 January 1964) is a British-Austrian businessman, and the Chief Executive of
He studied Production Engineering at Trent Polytechnic in Nottingham (now Nottingham Trent University) from 1982-86.
Maier has occupied senior posts with Siemens, including industry sector lead for the UK and Ireland and Manufacturing Director of the Drives Factory in Congleton, Cheshire. He became a member of the Siemens UK Executive Management Board in October 2008, and was appointed Chief Executive on 1 July 2014.
He is a Fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and the Royal Academy of Engineering, and is a visiting Professor at the University of Manchester; he has also received Honorary Doctorates from the University of Salford , the University of Lincoln  , Nottingham Trent University the University of Sheffield , Cranfield University  and Manchester Metropolitan University .
He was a non-executive board member of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) of the UK government from 2014-2016  and has since led the Made Smarter industrial strategy initiative which aims to create a strong 4th Industrial Revolution in the UK.
Juergen Maier is civil partnered to Richard Madgin and they live in South Manchester.
- News, Manchester Evening (24 March 2009). "The boy's done good". men.
- Juergen Maier: Biography, GOV.UK
- "Juergen Maier". Royal Academy of Engineering. Retrieved 26 June 2019.
- "Honorary professorship for captain of industry". The University of Manchester.
- "Celebrating degree success as Class of 2016 graduate".
- "Honorary graduates - Juergen Maier - Alumni - Nottingham Trent University". www.ntualumni.org.uk.
- "Honorary graduates".
- "Leading figures in technology and management honoured".
- "CEO of Siemens UK awarded honorary Doctor of Business Administration degree".
- "Made Smarter Review". GOV.UK.
- Ltd, Insider Media. "Big names make Power 100". Insider Media Ltd.