ISC High Performance
The ISC High Performance, formerly known as the International Supercomputing Conference is a yearly conference on supercomputing which has been held in Europe since 1986. It stands as the oldest supercomputing conference in the world.
|ISC High Performance|
|Founder||Dr. Hans Werner Meuer|
Not to be confused with the ACM/IEEE Supercomputing Conference which has been held in the US since 1988, or ICS, the International Conference on Supercomputing.
In 1986 Professor Dr. Hans Werner Meuer, director of the computer centre and professor for computer science at the University of Mannheim (Germany) co-founded and organized the "Mannheim Supercomputer Seminar" which had 81 participants. This was held yearly and became the annual International Supercomputing Conference and Exhibition (ISC). In 2015, the name was officially changed to ISC High Performance. The conference is attended by speakers, vendors, and researchers from all over the world. Since 1993 the conference has been the venue for one of the twice yearly TOP500 announcements where the fastest 500 supercomputers in the world are named. The other annual announcement is in November at the SC Conference (The International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis) in the USA.
The conference celebrated 30 years with the June 19, 2016 meeting in Frankfurt, Germany. Its 33rd edition in 2019 attracted a record number of participants - 164 exhibitors, and 3,573 visitors from 64 countries .
|2019||Frankfurt, Germany||ISC High Performance|
|2014||Leipzig, Germany||International Supercomputing Conference|
|1993||Mannheim, Germany||Mannheim Supercomputer Seminar|
- "2010 International Supercomputing Conference Opens with Record Attendance and Largest-Ever Exhibition" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 30 June 2015. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
- "ISC High Performance 2015 - Overview". Archived from the original on 19 July 2011. Retrieved 6 June 2010.
- "ISC High Performance - Info - And - Stats".
- "ISC 2019 Summary" (PDF).
- "ISC 2018 Summary" (PDF).
- "ISC 2017 Summary" (PDF).
- "ISC 2016 Summary" (PDF).
- ISC High Performance Official Website