Ingemar Lundquist(Redirected from Ingemar Henry Lundquist)
|Ingemar Henry Lundquist|
|Born||Ingemar Henry Lundquist
October 19, 1921
|Died||February 25, 2007
Carmel Valley Village, California
|Resting place||Mountain View Cemetery (Oakland, California)
|Citizenship||Swedish and American|
|Children||Richard, and Cristian|
|Institutions||Stockholm Institute of Technology|
|Employer(s)||Torex, Inc., Ultimax, Inc., Vidamed, Inc.|
|Projects||Balloon Angioplasty, Somnoplasty, T.U.N.A.|
He was responsible for at least 78 patents, and hundreds of inventions. Three of his most notable inventions were over the wire balloon angioplasty, T.U.N.A., and Somnoplasty. He worked out of his garage or basement workshops.
In 1948, Ingemar Lundquist immigrated to the United States and he became an American citizen in 1950.
- Kucklick, Theodore (2012). The Medical Device R&D Handbook, Second Edition [Hardcover]. CRC Press. p. 399. ISBN 978-1-4398-1189-4.
- "Ingemar H. Lundquist inventor". patentbuddy.com. Patent Buddy. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- "System for filling and inflating and deflating a vascular dilating cathether assembly". patents.com. patents.com. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- "US Patent No: 5,807,309 Transurethral needle ablation device and method for the treatment of the prostate". patentbuddy.com. Patent Buddy. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- "Steerable medical probe with stylets US 5409453 A". google.com. Google. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- "Biography, Ingemar Henry Lundquist". memorialsolutions.com. Memorial Solutions. Retrieved July 8, 2013.