This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Infogroup is a leading provider of data and data-driven marketing services for salespeople, marketers, and professionals. The company's solutions[clarification needed] are powered by its proprietary business and consumer databases and supplemented by client and 3rd party data. Their clients range from Fortune 500 enterprises and local businesses, to not-for-profit and political organizations. Infogroup's cloud-based Data Axle technology allows for real-time updates to its business and consumer data files, and also provides clients with a real-time API delivery platform for the most accurate and up-to-date information to support their marketing and business needs. Infogroup has 40+ years of history creating its own data and makes 24+ million verification calls per year to ensure data quality.
|Industry||Data and Marketing|
|Michael L. Iaccarino (CEO)|
Number of employees
Infogroup was founded in 1972 as a company called Business Research Services that compiled and provided lists to mobile home manufacturers. The company changed its name to American Business Lists and then to American Business Information (ABI). By 1986, ABI had recorded the Yellow Pages into its database, which customers could access in various forms including floppy disk, pre-printed labels and CD-ROM.
In 2010, CCMP Capital purchased Infogroup for $460 million. At the time, former CEO Bill Fairfield said the move to private would give the company more flexibility with serving customers. In 2017, CCMP Capital sold the company to Court Square Capital Partners. On February 4, 2019, Infogroup named its Dallas office, where the company's executive offices are located, as its corporate headquarters.
Divisions and ProductsEdit
Infogroup is made up of four different business units: Local Marketing Solutions, Infogroup Enterprise Solutions, Infogroup Media Solutions and Yes Marketing.
Local Marketing SolutionsEdit
|Industry||Sales prospecting and marketing|
Their Local Marketing Solutions is centered on end-to-end CRM and lead generation solutions[clarification needed], they also offer full-service digital agency services for small to medium businesses and local marketers. Their main goal is to help their clients acquire new customers.
Infogroup Enterprise SolutionsEdit
Infogroup Enterprise Solutions has crafted a full suite of data-driven marketing solutions[clarification needed] along with data licensing to help Infogroup's enterprise clients acquire new customers and provide information services solutions[clarification needed].
Infogroup Media SolutionsEdit
Infogroup Media Solutions’ data-oriented solutions[clarification needed] help enterprise and mid-market clients acquire new customers with business, consumer and nonprofit applications.
Yes Marketing provides a smart, enterprise-grade email platform, multi-channel marketing database management, and digital agency services to fully support their clients retention marketing efforts.
- Infogroup. Retrieved November 16, 2017.
- Graves, Jacqueline M. "Building a Fortune on Free Data Vinod Gupta is a Multimillionaire Because He Sells the Information That Other Entrepreneurs Need to Stay in Business". Fortune'. February 6, 1995. Retrieved November 15, 2017.
- "American Business Information Has a New Name—infoUSA—and a New Web Site". Information Today, Inc.'. August 17, 1998. Retrieved November 16, 2017.
- Hane, Paula J. "infoUSA to become infoGROUP Effective June 1, 2008". Business Wire'. April 28, 2008. Retrieved November 16, 2017.
- Lattman, Peter, and Jeffrey McCracken. "CCMP to Acquire Infogroup in an LBO". The Wall Street Journal. March 8, 2010. Retrieved November 16, 2017.
- Funk, Josh. "Infogroup sold to CCMP Capital". The Lincoln Journal Star. March 8, 2010. Retrieved November 16, 2017.
- "Infogroup Continues Strong New Logo Momentum Heading Into Q1". Cision PR Newswire'. February 4, 2019. Retrieved April 11, 2019.
- "Infogroup Corporate Website".