Inferior: How Science Got Women Wrong and the New Research That’s Rewriting the Story is a 2017 book by Angela Saini. The book was published by Beacon Press in the United States and Fourth Estate Books in the United Kingdom.
|Published||30 May 2017|
|Publisher||Fourth Estate Books|
A mostly negative review published in the evolutionary psychology journal Evolution, Mind and Behaviour compared Inferior with Rosemary Hopcroft's Evolution and Gender: Why It Matters for Contemporary Life, saying: "Unless evolutionary psychologists, personality researchers, and intelligence researchers take the time to respond to such critics, books like Inferior will create much confusion and will seriously deteriorate the dialogue between the public and the scientific community."
Inferior was launched in June 2017 at the Royal Academy of Engineering. A month after its release, Inferior was recommended by Scientific American. It was a finalist in the Goodreads Choice Awards for "Best Science and Technology" in 2017.
- "Angela Saini". 4th Estate. Retrieved 3 February 2018.
- Delhez, Julien (May 2019). "Evolutionary perspectives on human sex differences and their discontents". Evolution, Mind and Behaviour. Akadémiai Kiadó: 5. Retrieved 8 August 2018.
- Da Silva, Chantal (23 May 2017). "Inferior by Angela Saini, book review: Shining a light on sexism in science". The Independent. Retrieved 3 February 2018.
- Davis, Nicola (6 June 2017). "Inferior: how science got women wrong by Angela Saini — Review". The Guardian. London, United Kingdom. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- Vaswani, Anjana (9 August 2017). "Fighting Science with Science". Ahmedabad Mirror. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- "Fourth Estate launches 'Inferior' by Angela Saini, out 1st June 2017 - New Asian Post". www.newasianpost.com. Retrieved 3 February 2018.
- Gawrylewski, Andrea. "Recommended". Scientific American. 316 (6): 74–74. doi:10.1038/scientificamerican0617-74.
- "Announcing the Goodreads Choice Winner in Best Science & Technology!". Goodreads. Retrieved 3 February 2018.
- "Inferior by Angela Saini wins Physics World Book of the Year 2017". live.iop-pp01.agh.sleek.net. Retrieved 3 February 2018.
- "Inferior: how science got women wrong – and the new research that's rewriting the story". Chemistry World. Retrieved 3 February 2018.
- Rawling, Jennie (30 November 2017). "Journalist Angela Saini tells Imperial 'How Science Got Women Wrong". Imperial College London. Retrieved 3 February 2018.
- ""Inferior, how science got women wrong"". Cavendish Inspiring Women. Retrieved 3 February 2018.
- pt91. "How science got women wrong explored by award-winning science journalist — University of Leicester". www2.le.ac.uk. Retrieved 3 February 2018.
- "In Conversation With...Angela Saini and Louise Archer". Eventbrite. Retrieved 3 February 2018.