(Redirected from Industrial building)
Industrial architecture is the design and construction of buildings serving industry. Such buildings rose in importance with the Industrial Revolution, and were some of the pioneering structures of modern architecture.
Types of industrial buildingsEdit
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Industrial architecture.|
- Bradley, Betsy Hunter. The Works: The Industrial Architecture of the United States. New York: Oxford University Press, 1999.
- Jefferies, Matthew. Politics and Culture in Wilhelmine Germany: The Case of Industrial Architecture. Washington, D.C.: Berg, 1995.
- Jevremović, Ljiljana; Turnšek, Branko A. J.; Vasić, Milanka; and Jordanović, Marina. "Passive Design Applications: Industrial Architecture Perspective", Facta Universitatis Series: Architecture and Civil Engineering, Vol. 12, No. 2 (2014): 173–82.
- Jones, Edgar. Industrial Architecture in Britain, 1750–1939. New York: Facts on File, 1985.
- McGowan, F.; Radosevic, S.; and Tunzelmann, N. von. Emerging Industrial Architecture in Europe. Hoboken: Taylor and Francis, 2004.
- Winter, John. Industrial Architecture: A Survey of Factory Building. London: Studio Vista, 1970.