Congruence(Redirected from Incongruence)
|Look up congruence or ≅ in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Congruence (symbol: ≅) is the state achieved by coming together, the state of agreement. The Latin congruō meaning “I meet together, I agree”. As an abstract term, congruence means similarity between objects. Congruence, as opposed to approximation, is a relation which implies a species of equivalence.
- Congruence (geometry), being isometric — roughly, the same size and shape
- Congruence or congruence relation, in abstract algebra, an equivalence relation on an algebraic structure that is compatible with the structure
- In modular arithmetic, having the same remainder when divided by a specified integer
- Ramanujan's congruences, congruences for the partition function, p(n), first discovered by Ramanujan in 1919
- Congruence subgroup, a subgroup defined by congruence conditions on the entries of a matrix group with integer entries
- Congruence of squares, in number theory, a congruence commonly used in integer factorization algorithms
- Matrix congruence, an equivalence relation between two matrices.
- Congruence (manifolds), in the theory of smooth manifolds, the set of integral curves defined by a nonvanishing vector field defined on the manifold
- Congruence (general relativity), in general relativity, a congruence in a four-dimensional Lorentzian manifold that is interpreted physically as a model of space time, or a bundle of world lines
- Zeller's congruence, an algorithm to calculate the day of the week for any date
- Scissors congruence, related to Hilbert's third problem
- Congruence bias, a type of cognitive bias, similar to confirmation bias
- Congruence principle (disambiguation)
- Hatch mark, geometric notation for congruent line segments
- ≅ (disambiguation)
- ≡ (disambiguation)
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Congruence.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.