Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University
Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University (Arabic: جامعة الإمام محمد بن سعود الإسلامية) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, was founded in 1953. In 1951, the university was established by merging the Islamic Law College and the Arabic Language College in Riyadh. In 1974, it was granted university status by royal decree. The university houses 12 faculties. It currently has more than 24,000 students and 1,300 faculty. It has intermediate and secondary Islamic institutes in major cities of Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Djibouti and Japan. The university as a cultural and intellectual institution aims to promote knowledge offering undergraduate as well as postgraduate studies. One of the most important aims is to promote translating and publishing as the university has its own print house. Moreover, the university achieves its goals within the Islamic Shari'a.
جامعة الإمام محمد بن سعود الإسلامية
|Rector||Dr. Ahmed bin Salem bin Mohammed Al-Ameri|
Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University was founded in 1974.
The university library is the Prince Sultan Library For Science and Knowledge. The library was founded in 1952, and was shared with a variety of schools in the city. In 1975, the Deanship of Library Affairs was created to maintain the library. The library is a partner of the World Digital Library.
College of Engineering
- Civil engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Architecture Engineering
College of Medicine
- Department of Pediatrics.
- Department of Internal Medicine.
- Department of Educational Medicine.
- Department of Pharmacology.
- Department of Anatomy.
- Department of Family and Community Medicine.
- Department of General Surgery.
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Department of Ophthalmology.
- Department of Dermatology.
- Department of Orthopedics
- Department of ENT.
College of Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer Science.
- Information Systems.
- Information Management.
- Information Technology.
College of Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics.
College of Economics and Administrative Sciences
- Business Administration.
- Finance and Investment.
- Insurance and Risk Management.
College of Social Sciences
- Sociology and Social Service.
- History and Civilization.
- Management and Educational Planning.
- Curriculum and Teaching Methods.
- Foundations of Education.
- Special Education.
College of Arabic Language
- Rhetoric, Criticism and the Methodology of Islamic Literature.
- Grammar and Linguistics.
College of Media and Communication
- Journalism and Electronic Publishing
- Radio, Television and Film
- Public Relations
- Advertising and marketing communication
- Graphics and Multimedia
- Specialized Media
College of Languages and Translation
- English Language and Literature
College of Sharia (Arabic:كلية الشريعة)
- Department of Sharia And Islamic studies. (Arabic: الشريعة والدراسات الاسلامية)
- Department of Principles of Fiqh. (Arabic:أصول الفقه)
- Department of Fiqh. (Arabic:قسم الفقه )
- Department of Islamic Culture. (Arabic:قسم الثقافة الاسلامية)
- Department of Law. (Arabic:قسم القانون)
College of the Fundamentals of Religion (Arabic:كلية أصول الدين)
- Department of Holy Quran and its Sciences. (Arabic:قسم القرآن الكريم وعلومه)
- Department of the Prophetic Sunnah and its Sciences. (Arabic:قسم السنة النبوية وعلومها)
- Department of Creed and Contemporary Doctrines. (Arabic:قسم العقيدة والمذاهب المُعاصرة)
The Higher Institute of Judicial. (Arabic:المعهد العالي للقضاء)
- Department of Labor Judiciary
- Department of Comparative Jurisprudence
- Department of Sharia Policy
- Department of Commercial Judiciary
- Department of Criminal Judiciary
- Department of personal status Judiciary
- Department of Administrative Judiciary
The Higher Institute of Dawah and Ihtisaab. (Arabic:المعهد العالي للدعوة والاحتساب)
- Department of Advocacy. (Arabic:قسم الدعوة)
- Department of Hesbah and censorship. (Arabic:قسم الحسبة والرقابة)
- Department of Contemporary Islamic Studies.
Student ِِAid and HousingEdit
The university offers science and health major students 990 SR/month (264 $), and humanities students 840 SR/month (224 $), a 75% discount on foreign books, and fully furnished residences at the university housing/hostels complex, food within the university restaurant, free medical treatment, and full return tickets to their home country.
The university is organized into eleven colleges. The eleven colleges focus on: Shari'ah, Islam, Arabic language, social sciences, advocacy and media studies, language and translation, computer science and information science, economics and administrative sciences, formal science, medicine, and engineering. The University is home to the Institute of Translation and Arabization, a facility dedicated to the translation of Arabic texts to foreign languages, and translation of foreign language texts into Arabic (Arabization).
Sports and traditionsEdit
Imam Muhammad bin Saud Islamic University has a soccer team and a stadium.
- Abd Al-Aziz Fawzan Al-Fawzan
- Saleh Al-Fawzan
- Saud Al-Shuraim
- Salman al-Ouda
- Aid al-Qarni
- Abu Abd al-Rahman Ibn Aqil al-Zahiri
- Abdulaziz al-Tarefe
- Abdullah el-Faisal
- Nasir al-Fahd
- Mohamad al-Arefe
- Ali al-Khudair
- Abu Omar al-Saif
- Abdullah Mohammed Al-Hugail
- Saeed Qasim Al-Khalidi Al-Maliki
- Abdullah al-Muhaysini
- Sa'ad al-Ateeq
- Ameril Umbra Kato
- Ali ibn Abdur-Rahman al Hudhaify
- Abdul-Rahman bin Nasir al-Barrak, former professor
- "Imam University". Bakkah. Archived from the original on 22 September 2012. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Al-Imam Mohammad Ibn Saud Islamic University". Top Universities. 2015-07-16. Retrieved 2019-05-15.
- "Imam Muhammad Ibn Saud Islamic University". ICU. 12 July 2012. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Imam Muhammad bin Saud University". SAMIRAD. 20 April 2009. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "جامعة الامام محمد بن سعود الاسلامية". Ministry of Higher Education. Archived from the original on 7 September 2009. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "About Us". Deanship of Library Affairs. Prince Sultan Library for Science and Knowledge. Archived from the original on 24 December 2013. Retrieved 24 December 2013.
- "Partners". About the World Digital Library. World Digital Library. Retrieved 24 December 2013.
- "Institute of Translation and Arabization".[permanent dead link]