iPad Air (2020)
The fourth-generation iPad Air is a tablet computer designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc. It was announced on September 15, 2020. Pre-orders began on October 16, 2020, and shipping started on October 23, 2020. The device features a design similar to the third-generation iPad Pro.
|Also known as||iPad Air 4|
|Product family||iPad Air|
|Release date||October 23, 2020|
|Introductory price||$599 USD|
|Operating system||Original: iPadOS 14|
Current: iPadOS 14.4, released January 26, 2021
|System on a chip||Apple A14 Bionic with 64-bit architecture and Apple M14 motion co-processor|
|Storage||64 or 256 GB flash memory|
|Display||10.9 inches (280 mm) (2,360 x 1,640) px (264 ppi), 500-nits Max Brightness, Wide-Color Display (P3), True Tone Display, Fully Laminated Display, 1.8% Reflectivity and Apple Pencil (2nd generation) support|
|Input||Multi-touch screen, headset controls, proximity and ambient light sensors, 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyroscope, digital compass, dual microphone, Touch ID fingerprint reader, barometer|
|Camera||Front: 7 MP, ƒ/2.0 aperture, burst mode, timer mode, exposure control, face detection, Smart HDR, wide-color capture, auto image stabilization, Retina flash, 1080p HD video recording Rear: 12 MP, ƒ/1.8 aperture, five-element lens, burst mode, timer mode, exposure control, noise reduction, face detection, Hybrid IR filter, Live Photos with stabilization, Autofocus with Focus Pixels, face detection, Smart HDR, panorama, wide-color capture, auto image stabilization, 1080p HD 30fps video recording, video stabilization, slo-mo, time-lapse|
|Online services||App Store, iTunes Store, iBookstore, iCloud, Game Center|
|Dimensions||9.74 inches (247.6 mm);"(h)|
7 inches (178.5 mm);(w)
1.0 pound (458 grams)
|Predecessor||iPad Air (2019)|
The fourth-generation iPad Air features an updated design, similar to that of the third-generation iPad Pro. It features a larger 10.9-inch Liquid Retina Display, USB-C, and support for the second-generation Apple Pencil, Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro, and Smart Keyboard Folio. However, there is no ProMotion display and no camera flash. The home button is removed, and Touch ID has been relocated to the Sleep/Wake button on the top right edge of the device. In addition, in contrast to the third-generation iPad Air, the fourth-generation iPad Air lacks a headphone jack.
In terms of performance, it features the new Apple A14 Bionic chip making it 40% faster than its predecessor.
Colors available are Space Grey, Silver, Rose Gold, Green, and Sky Blue.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2020)
Timeline of iPad modelsEdit
- Espósito, Filipe (October 4, 2020). "iPad Air 4 benchmark results emerge on the web as Apple reportedly prepares A14 Apple TV [U]".
- "New iPad Air 4 (2020) release date, price, and everything you need to know | TechRadar". www.techradar.com. Retrieved 2020-09-15.
- Warren, Tom (2020-09-15). "Apple announces new iPad Air that looks more like an iPad Pro, starting at $599". The Verge. Retrieved 2020-09-15.
- Tibken, Shara (October 13, 2020). "iPhone 12 and the Touch ID button: Why Apple probably won't give it to us this year". CNET. Retrieved October 21, 2020.
- Collins, Katie (October 20, 2020). "Our masks make Face ID useless. iPhone 12 did nothing to fix it". CNET. Retrieved October 20, 2020.
- Apple Inc. (2010–2011). iPad News - Newsroom Archive. Retrieved June 7, 2018.
iPad Air (2019)
| iPad Air (2020)
None; latest model