It is one of the suppliers approved by the GP Systems of Choice and so funded by the NHS. It permits patients to book appointments on line and order repeat prescriptions. It also permits Patient record access.
In 2010 it had about 20% of the English market, 30% of the market in Scotland and Northern Ireland and just over 50% of the market in Wales.
From April 2014 practices are contractually required to promote and offer patients the opportunity to book appointments online, order repeat prescriptions online and gain access to their medical records online.
InPS Vision supports Summary Care Records.
- "Thousands now book to see GPs on web". Health Service Journal. 11 February 2008. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "Silver surfers seeking digital options for healthcare information". Pulse +IT. 8 April 2014. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "EHI PC Interview: INPS". Ehealth Insider. 6 July 2010. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "Will your IT system support the requirements of the new contract?". 14 April 2014. Pulse. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "Commissioning supplement: Sorting the good ideas". Health Service Journal. 14 November 2014. Retrieved 1 December 2014.