Hemofarm a.d.(Redirected from Hemofarm Group)
Hemofarm a.d. (full legal name: Hemofarm a.d. Farmaceutsko-hemijska industrija Vršac), a member of STADA Group, is a Serbian pharmaceutical company based in Vršac, Serbia. Founded in 1960, it is one of the largest domestic producer and exporter of medicines in Serbia. Hemofarm currently operates in more than 30 countries on 3 continents and has approximately 2,500 employees.
|Public limited company|
|Founded||Vršac, Serbia (28 August 1998
First founded 1960
|Ronald Seeliger (CEO)|
|Products||Pharmaceuticals, Prescription drugs|
|Revenue||€263.16 million (2016)|
|€31.41 million (2016)|
|Total assets||€369.58 million (2016)|
|Total equity||€257.51 million (2016)|
Number of employees
The core activity represents the manufacture of Rx and OTC medicines and products. Portfolio includes over 140 INNs,[clarification needed] with about 280 forms and dosage forms.
Hemofarm was founded on 1 June 1960 in Vršac. In 2003 it opened the first factory for the production of medicine in entity Republika Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina. As of 2003 Hemofarm consisted of 21 subsidiaries, 12 of which were located in Serbia and rest in Montenegro.
In 2004, the company acquired four other Serbian concerns, increasing its market share from 15% to 45% in the process. As of 2011, the company has a market share in terms of production and import of 30.7%.
Research and developmentEdit
Hemofarm’s R&D division was established in 1990, and it has been recognized by STADA as a competence center for development of new generic products not only for local and regional markets, but also for the whole STADA Group. An intensive development of products intended for registration and sale in the demanding European Union market started in 2007.
- "КОНСОЛИДОВАНИ БИЛАНС УСПЕХА (2016) - Хемофарм". apr.gov.rs (in Serbian). Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- "КОНСОЛИДОВАНИ БИЛАНС СТАЊА (2016) - Хемофарм". apr.gov.rs. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- "Bosnian Serb, Serbian premiers inaugurate pharmaceutical plant". Asia Africa Intelligence Wire. February 21, 2003. Retrieved 2008-10-02.
- Doing Business with Serbia By Marat Terterov, Consultant Editor, Marat Terterov, Inc NetLibrary; Published by GMB Publishing Ltd, 2006; ISBN 1-905050-68-2, ISBN 978-1-905050-68-0.
- Lazarević, Igor. "Konsolidacija farmaceutskog tržišta Srbije". scribd.com (in Serbian). Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Stada Says Strength of Russian Unit May Attract Bids". Blommberg. 11 January 2013. Retrieved 9 April 2013.