Hôtel Regina is a grand hotel in Paris that was opened in 1900. It is located in the Place des Pyramides, across the Rue de Rivoli from the Jardin des Tuileries and an entrance to the Louvre. In the square in front of the hotel is a gilded statue of Joan of Arc on horseback.
|Location||2 place des Pyramides, 1st arrondissement, Paris|
|Management||Les Hôtels Baverez|
|Number of rooms||99|
|Number of restaurants||3|
Inaugurated in 1900 for the World's Fair in Paris, the hotel is situated on the Place des Pyramides, which takes its name from Napoleon's victory in Egypt in 1798. The hotel is in a building dating back to the Second Empire. Léonard Tauber and his associate Constant Baverez built it between 1898 and 1900. The Regina was named after Queen Victoria, symbolising the Entente Cordiale between the French and the British.
The first phase of renovation to the hotel was completed in summer 2014. The renovations of the second wing, which started in October 2014, were inaugurated on 29 September 2015. The cost estimate for the renovations is 17 million euros. In November 2014, Mr Piazzi was appointed as the new director, and in August 2015, the hotel received its fifth star from the Atout France agency.
The hotel belongs to Les Hôtels Baverez, which also manages Hôtel Raphael and Majestic Hôtel-Spa. The hotel group was founded by Léonard Tauber and is currently run by Françoise Baverez and her daughter Véronique Valcke, descendants of Constant Bavarez, Léonard Tauber's associate.
- The hotel chose Ladurée for its pastries.
- The Lounge Club: located under the Arcades, facing the Louvre Museum.
- Bar Anglais and its terrace: a location reminiscent of Victorian England.
- La Terrasse Cour Jardin: a furnished and flowery interior terrace.
- Tea Room: facing the Louvre Museum, it offers a selection of teas, chocolates, and pastries.
Numerous films have been filmed at the hotel since 1980:
- 1980: The Lady Banker
- 1984: The Blood of Others
- 1984: L'Amour en héritage
- 1986: The Joint Brothers
- 1990: La Femme Nikita
- 1997: Same Old Song
- 1998: Man Is a Woman
- 2001: Kiss of the Dragon
- 2002: The Bourne Identity
- 2005: Incontrôlable
- 2007: Sagan
- 2008: Female Agents
- 2009: The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec
- 2011: Upgrade
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hôtel Régina.|
|This article about a French hotel or resort is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|