Mermaids and Rascals
|Gorgones ke Manges|
Γοργόνες και Μάγκες
|Directed by||Giannis Dalianidis|
|Produced by||Finos Film|
|Written by||Giannis Dalianidis|
|Music by||Mimis Plessas|
Rumours have it that a Swiss company is making investment plans to develop a Greek island. A couple of Athenian entrepreneurs rush to the island to buy land and flip it for profit. The Athenian couple, a race-car driver and an actress, meet the resistance of the island's grand old lady who does not wish to sell land to outsiders. The business plans eventually fail to materialise but romance ensues between the actress and the son of the lady as well as the race-car driver and a local girl. The film has references to ancient Greek tragedy and contains elements from it such as a chorus.
- Mary Chronopoulou ..... Flora
- Phaedon Georgitsis ..... Petros Athanasiou
- Martha Karagianni ..... Marina
- Nora Valsami ..... Nokilas's fiancee
- Giannis Vogiatzis ..... Panagis
- Lakis Komninos ..... Iasonas
- Dionysis Papagiannopoulos ..... Athanasiou
- Chronis Exarhakos ..... Gripis
- Maria Foka ..... mistress
- Vangelis Seilinos ..... Nikolas
- Christos Doxaras ..... Dimitros
- Kia Bozou ..... Petros's friend
- Mary Halkia ..... Petros's friend
The film premiered in Greece on 2 December 1968.
- Lydia Papadimitriou (26 October 2005). The Greek Film Musical: A Critical and Cultural History. McFarland. p. 156. ISBN 978-1-4766-1018-4.
- "Γοργόνες Και Μάγκες (1968)". Finos Film.
- Lydia Papadimitriou (26 October 2005). The Greek Film Musical: A Critical and Cultural History. McFarland. p. 38. ISBN 978-1-4766-1018-4.