Gisela of Burgundy, Marchioness of Montferrat
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (October 2012)
Gisela of Burgundy (1075–1135), was a Countess consort of Savoy and a Marchioness consort of Montferrat. She was the spouse of Humbert II, Count of Savoy and later of Rainier I of Montferrat whom she married after Humbert's death. She was the daughter of William I, Count of Burgundy.
Gisela of Burgundy
|Spouse(s)||Umberto II, Count of Savoy|
Rainier I of Montferrat
|Father||William I, Count of Burgundy|
With her first husband, Humbert II of Savoy, whom she married in 1090, her children included:
- Amadeus III of Savoy
- William, Bishop of Liège
- Adelaide of Maurienne (d. 1154), wife of King Louis VI of France
- Agnes, (d. 1127), wife of Arcimboldo VI, lord of Bourbon
- Guy, abbot of Namur
By her second marriage to Rainier, Marquess of Montferrat, her children were:
- Beihammer, Parani & Schabel 2008, p. 183.
- Europäische Stammtafeln: Stammtafeln zur Geschichte der Europäischen Staaten, Neue Folge, Herausgegeben von Detlev Schwennicke (Marburg, Germany: Verlag von J. A. Stargardt, 1984), Tafeln 81, 200
- Beihammer, Alexander D.; Parani, Maria G.; Schabel, Christopher D., eds. (2008). Diplomatics in the Eastern Mediterranean 1000-1500: Aspects of Cross-Cultural Communication. BRILL. ISBN 978-9047433033.
Joan of Geneva
| Countess of Savoy
Adelaide, Countess consort of Savoy