Ranga Swamy Gundam near Giddalur
|• Total||31.57 km2 (12.19 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,100/km2 (3,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Giddalur is Located in prakasam district of Andhra Pradesh on the Ongole - Nandyal Highway. Giddalur is located at .
As of 2011 Giddalur has population of 35,150 of which 17,728 are males while 17,422 are females. Average Sex Ratio is of 983 against state average of 993. Population of Children with age of 0-6 is 3445 which is 9.80% of total population of Giddaluru. Child Sex Ratio in Giddaluru is around 971 compared to Andhra Pradesh state average of 939. Literacy rate of Giddaluru city is 79.71% higher than state average of 67.02%.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu. and also sahithi jr college famous institution in giddalur followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "District Census Handbook - Prakasam" (PDF). Census of India. p. 16,17,48. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Chittoor District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 151, 177. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- Falling Rain Genomics.Giddalur
- "Giddalur Census 2011".
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 March 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.