George Sanford (political scientist)
George Sanford is a former professor of politics at the University of Bristol, England. He specializes in Polish and East European studies. On several occasions he has been interviewed on Polish affairs in the mass media.
George Stanford has published several books and numerous articles and books chapters. His book publications include:
- Polish Communism in Crisis, 1983
- Military Rule in Poland: The Rebuilding of Communist Power, 1981-1983, 1986
- The Solidarity Congress 1981: The Great Debate, 1990
- Democratization in Poland, 1988-1990: Polish Voices, 1992
- Building Democracy?: The International Dimension of Democratisation in Eastern Europe (ed.), 1994
- Historical Dictionary of Poland, 1994
- Poland: The Conquest of History, 1999
- Democratic Government in Poland : Constitutional Politics Since 1989, 2002
- Katyn and the Soviet Massacre of 1940: Truth, Justice and Memory, 2005
- Richard J. Hunter; Leo V. Ryan (1998). From autarchy to market: Polish economics and politics, 1945-1995. p. 30. ISBN 0-275-96219-9. Retrieved 3 January 2011.