This article needs to be updated.January 2018)(
|Full name||Gabriel Ascárate|
|Date of birth||20 October 1987|
|Place of birth||San Miguel de Tucumán, Argentina|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||94 kg (14 st 11 lb; 207 lb)|
|Rugby union career|
Ascárate started his career in his homeland playing for both Club Natación y Gimnasia in his hometown of San Miguel de Tucumán and later the Buenos Aires Cricket & Rugby Club. He also represented the Pampas XV in the South African Vodacom Cup between 2010 and 2012 before moving abroad to join French side US Carcassonne for the 2012–13 season. He made 18 appearances in France before moving north in July 2013 to join Glasgow Warriors.  He was released by Glasgow Warriors on February 2014 after being ruled out from 'contact rugby' for 6 months.
He made his senior debut for Los Pumas against Chile in May 2007 and to date he has amassed 8 caps and scored 2 tries. He is also a former Pumas Sevens player, making 5 appearances in the IRB Sevens World Series between 2008 and 2011.
- "Glasgow Warriors sign Argentine back Gabriel Ascarate". BBC Sport. 23 July 2013. Retrieved 4 September 2013.
- "Gabriel Ascarate signs to bolster Glasgow midfield". Scotsman. 24 July 2013. Retrieved 4 September 2013.
- "Gabriel Ascárate itsrugby.co.uk Player Statistics". itsrugby.co.uk. Retrieved 4 September 2013.
- "Gabriel Ascárate Argentina Rugby Player Profile". Argentina Rugby. Retrieved 4 September 2013.
- "BBC Sport - Glasgow Warriors: Lee Jones joins as Gabriel Ascarate leaves club". BBC Sport.
- "Gabriel Ascárate ESPN Scrum Player Profile". ESPN Scrum. Retrieved 4 September 2013.