Fondazione Adkins Chiti: Donne in Musica
The International Adkins Chiti: Women in Music Foundation was founded in 1996. It grew from 'Donne in Musica', founded by Patricia Adkins Chiti in 1978, and is a member organisation of the UNESCO International Music Council (see European Music Council).
The two bodies were founded to promote women’s musical creativity through a network which has grown to 41,000 female composers and musicians from 109 countries (as at 2015). The Foundation’s library and archive keeps over 43,000 scores by female composers from different periods, encyclopaedias, books and databases, and a digital ‘Encyclopaedia of Living European Women Composers, Songwriters and Creators of Music’.
The foundation has sponsored the European Union WIMUST (Women in Music Uniting Strategies for Talent) programme, promoting solutions to fight gender based discrimination and inequalities for women in music.
- 'LA FONDAZIONE ADKINS CHITI: DONNE IN MUSICA' at informusic.it
- News: fondazione-adkins-chiti-donne-in-musica at imc-cim.org
- donneinmusica.org Website
- 'Patricia Adkins Chiti: President of the Fondazione Adkins Chiti: Donne in Musica, Italy and Great Britain' at we.expo2015.org
- 'La Fondazione Adkins Chiti - Donne in Musica presenta il progetto WIMUST', archive from 2011, at cidim.it
- WIMUST facebook page, facebook.com
- 'The 2nd European meeting for WIMUST' at imc-cim.org
- WIMUST conference announcement at thewimn.com
- WIMUST final report at issuu.com