Flying, sometimes styled FLYING, is an aviation magazine published since 1927 and originally called Popular Aviation prior to 1942, as well as Aeronautics for a brief period. It is read by pilots, aircraft owners, aviation enthusiasts and aviation-oriented executives in business, commercial and general aviation markets worldwide.
|Editor-in-chief||Julie Boatman Filucci|
|Based in||Winter Park, Florida|
It has the largest paid subscription, newsstand, and international circulation of any U.S.-based aviation magazine, according to its publisher the Bonnier Corporation. They promote it as "the world's most widely read aviation magazine".
In June 2009 Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S. sold the publication to Bonnier Corporation, the U.S. division of the Swedish Bonnier Group, along with four other magazines: Popular Photography, Boating, Sound and Vision and American Photo.
In January 2010 the publication's demographics were:
- Male/Female: 94%/6%
- Average Age: 49.5
- Average HHI: $185,900
- Average Net Worth: $2,251,000
- "Contact Us". Flying. Retrieved 21 February 2020.
- "eCirc for Consumer Magazines". Alliance for Audited Media. December 31, 2012. Archived from the original on April 18, 2014. Retrieved June 21, 2013.
- "Flying Media Kit" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-01-06.
- "Bonnier Corp. Acquires Five Magazine Brands from Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S." Archived from the original on 2010-03-29. Retrieved 2010-01-06.