This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
GuideWell, formally GuideWell Mutual Holding Corporation (holding company for Florida Blue), is a mutual insurance holding company primarily focused on health insurance in Florida. It was created in 2013 by a reorganization initiated by Florida Blue, a member company of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. By health insurance premiums written, it is 10th largest in providing health insurance in the United States with about $15b in health insurance sales.:70
|Non-Profit, Private company|
|Industry||Insurance and Healthcare Solutions|
|Founded||April 27, 1944Jacksonville, Florida, U.S.in|
|Patrick J. Geraghty (President and CEO)|
Thurman Justice (CFO)
Charles Joseph (General Counsel)
Gary Anderson (CIO)
|Revenue||US$19 billion (2018)|
|US$1 billion (2018)|
Number of employees
GuideWell Source (FCSO & Novitas)
It originally formed out of Florida Hospital Service Corporation founded in 1944, which became Blue Cross of Florida, and Florida Medical Services Corporation in 1946, which became Blue Shield of Florida. These merged in 1980 into Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, which was renamed Florida Blue in 2012.
The holding company controls corporations operating in insurance, health care providers, consumerism, and government.
- "Jacksonville-based GuideWell had $19 billion in revenue". www.jaxdailyrecord.com.
- Elmore, Charles. "State approves Florida Blue reorganization but bars stock sale". The Palm Beach Post. Retrieved 2019-06-24.
- "Annual Report on the Insurance Industry (September 2018)" (PDF). FEDERAL INSURANCE OFFICE, U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY.
- "BCBSF COMPANY FACTS" (PDF). BCBSF.
- "Florida Blue –New Name of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida Changes mark a new era, expanded focus for Florida's health leader". Florida Blue. Retrieved 2019-06-24.
- "Guidewell | Our Companies". www.guidewell.com. Retrieved 2019-06-24.