FMW Year End Sensation
Year End Sensation was a series of touring events produced by Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling (FMW) taking place annually in the month of December. The intent of the series was to conclude the storylines by the end of the year and head into the new year. The event started in 1993 as a supercard titled Year End Spectacular and then the event was incorporated into a tour after FMW began producing wrestling series in 1995. The event was renamed Year End Sensation and continued as a tour until 2000. The last event promoted as Year End Spectacular took place in 1996. It was considered one of the FMW's four big supercards of the year, along with FMW Anniversary Show, Summer Spectacular and Fall Spectacular before FMW began producing pay-per-view events in 1998.
|FMW Year End Sensation|
|Other name(s)||Year End Spectacular (1993; 1995–1996)|
|Promotion(s)||Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling|
Dates and venuesEdit
|Year End Spectacular (1993)||December 8, 1993||Tokyo, Japan||Tokyo International Trade Harumi Dome||Atsushi Onita (c) vs. Mitsuhiro Matsunaga in a No Ropes Exploding Barbed Wire Deathmatch for the FMW Brass Knuckles Heavyweight Championship|||
|Year End Spectacular (1995)||Taped: December 21, 1995
Aired: January 26, 1996
|Yokohama, Japan||Bunka Gym||Hayabusa, The Great Sasuke and Koji Nakagawa vs. Super Delfin, Ricky Fuji and TAKA Michinoku|||
|Year End Sensation (1996)||November 26–December 11, 1996||A tour of eleven shows throughout the country concluding with Year End Spectacular on December 11|||
|Year End Spectacular (1996)||December 11, 1996||Tokyo, Japan||Komazawa Gymnasium||Atsushi Onita, Mr. Pogo, Masato Tanaka and Tetsuhiro Kuroda vs. Funk Masters of Wrestling (Terry Funk, Hisakatsu Oya and The Headhunters in a Texas Street Fight Tornado Deathmatch|||
|Year End Sensation (1997)||December 5–December 13, 1997||A tour of five shows throughout the country|||
|Year End Sensation (1998)||December 5–December 13, 1998||A tour of five shows throughout the country showcasing the Over the Top Tournament and featuring ECW/FMW Supershows.|||
|Year End Sensation (2000)||December 2–December 20, 2000||A tour of six shows throughout the country including two pay-per-view events.|||
(c) – refers to the champion(s) heading into the match
- "Year End Spectacular 1993". Pro Wrestling History. Retrieved 2017-11-18.
- "FMW Year End Sensation 1995 In Yokohama" (in German). Cagematch.net. Retrieved 2017-11-18.
- "Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling - "YEAR END SENSATION 1996"" (in German). Puro Love. Retrieved 2017-11-18.
- "Year End Spectacular 1996". Pro Wrestling History. Retrieved 2017-11-18.
- "Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling - "YEAR END SENSATION 1997"" (in German). Puro Love. Retrieved 2017-11-18.
- "Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling - "YEAR END SENSATION 1998"" (in German). Puro Love. Retrieved 2017-11-18.
- "Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling - "YEAR END SENSATION 2000"" (in German). Puro Love. Retrieved 2017-11-18.