Evertz Microsystems Limited is a Canadian developer and manufacturer of electronic systems for the broadcast and film industry. Evertz was founded in 1966 as DynaQuip Electron Devices Limited by Dieter and Rose Evertz, specializing in equipment for film timecode and closed captioning. The company was renamed Evertz Microsystems Limited from Evertz Technologies Limited in 1983. In 1997, it was purchased and reorganized by a group of former employees of Leitch Technology (now owned by Harris Corporation).
|Traded as||TSX: ET|
|Founded||Scarborough, Ontario (1966)|
|Founder||Dieter Evertz, Rose Evertz|
|Headquarters||Burlington, Ontario, Canada|
|Romolo Magarelli (CEO) |
Douglas DeBruin (Chairman)
Rakesh Patel (CTO)
|Revenue||CAD$ 293.4 million (2012)|
|CAD$ 59.5 million (2012)|
|Total assets||CAD$ 431.8 million (2012)|
Number of employees
Evertz held an initial public offering in June 2006 and raised $67 million CAD, listing its stock on the Toronto Stock Exchange. In June, 2011, Evertz announced it would buy back as many as 3.8 million of its 74.47 million outstanding shares.
In 2008, Evertz was awarded the Philo T. Farnsworth Corporate Achievement Award, which is a Primetime Emmy award given by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences to honor companies which have significantly affected the state of television and broadcast engineering over a long period of time.
- "Evertz hopes TSX gives it a profile for growth". Globe and Mail. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- "TV hardware maker Evertz completes $67-million IPO". Globe and Mail. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- "Evertz Technologies to buy back 3.8 mln shares". Reuters Inc. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- "Evertz Celebrates Philo T. Farnsworth Emmy Award". Business Information Group. Retrieved 20 July 2011.
- "Evertz to Acquire Quartz". TV Technology. Retrieved 20 July 2011.
- Michael, Grotticelli. "Evertz acquires automation vendor Pharos". Penton Media, Inc. Retrieved 20 July 2011.
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|