Catalonia College of Music
The school is located at L'Auditori, a performing arts center inaugurated in 1999 which also houses three concert halls and a museum. The school has an international faculty and student body, and includes departments for classical and contemporary music, early music, jazz and popular music, traditional music, musicology and ethnomusicology, theory and composition, music education, music business, and sonology.
- Albert Guinovart, composition
- Agusti Charles, composition
- Mauricio Sotelo, composition
- Uxia Martinez Botana , double bass
- Melissa Mercadal, current principal of the college.
- Kennedy Moretti, chamber music professor
- Gary Willis, electric bass
- Xavier Castillo, clarinet
- Lorenzo Coppola, clarinet
- Vera Martínez Mehner, violin
- Johan Duijck, choral conducting
- Lutz Köhler, orchestra conducting
- Pedro Memelsdorff, recorder
- Zoran Dukic, classical guitar+
- Ashan Pillai , viola
- Karst de Jong, theory, improvisation
- Joaquim Rabaseda, musicology
- Vicens Prats, flute
- Anna Costal, musicology
The school has several performing ensembles, including:
- Orquestra i Cor d'Antiga de l'ESMUC (ESMUC early music ensemble and choir).
- Site of Museu de la Música
- Joan Melton Singing in musical theatre: the training of singers and actors 2007 p94 "Another regular teaching trip is in Barcelona at ESMUC, the Escola Superior de Musica de Catalunya. It's not like our conservatoires here, more like a university setup where they offer jazz, Catalán folk music, early music, ."
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Escola Superior de Música de Catalunya.|
- ESMUC official web-site (Catalan, Spanish and English)
|This Spanish university, college or other higher education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a university, college, or other educational institution in Catalonia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|