Ernest Bernard Jackson, Jr (born October 9, 1986) is an American former professional gridiron football player who was a wide receiver. He played college football at the University at Buffalo, The State University of New York and attended Gates Chili High School in Rochester, New York. He played professionally for the Erie Explosion of the Ultimate Indoor Football League, the Chicago Slaughter of the Indoor Football League, and the BC Lions, Ottawa Redblacks, and Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League (CFL).
|No. 9 Retired|
|Born:||October 9, 1986|
Rochester, New York
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||220 lb (100 kg)|
|High school||Gates Chili|
|Career highlights and awards|
|CFL East All-Star||2016|
On February 10, 2015 Jackson signed with the Ottawa Redblacks. the Redblacks were coming off their inaugural season in which their receiving corps struggled mightily. In his first two seasons in Ottawa, Jackson played a major role in the offense; he was named the East Division finalist for Most Outstanding Player of the year award following the 2016 regular season. Jackson finished the season with ten receiving touchdowns, tied for the second-most in the league. In the 2016 Grey Cup, Jackson scored the game-winning touchdown in overtime against the Calgary Stampeders. Following the 2016 season he was not re-signed by the Redblacks and became a free-agent.
Jackson was considered one of the best free agent wide receivers and signed a two-year contract with the Montreal Alouettes (CFL) on February 16, 2017. In two seasons, Jackson never missed a game, and put up 112 catches for 1,409 yards and 7 majors, while the Alouettes struggled with records of 3–15 in 2017 and 5–13 in 2018. In January 2019, he signed a contract extension with Montreal. He was released just prior to training camp for the 2019 season on May 19, 2019.
- Tucker, Cam (August 21, 2012). "B.C. Lions' Ernest Jackson takes the road less travelled". nationalpost.com. Archived from the original on April 18, 2014. Retrieved April 17, 2014.
- "Lions' Ernest Jackson nabs CFL offensive player of the month honours". vancouversun.com. October 29, 2014. Retrieved November 1, 2014.
- "Redblacks sign OT Rogers, three receivers". TSN. 2015-02-11. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "Mitchell, Jackson vie for CFL MOP". TSN. 2016-11-10. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "Stats – CFL.ca". CFL.ca. Canadian Football League. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
- "Als sign top-ranked free agent Ernest Jackson". CFL.ca. 2017-02-16. Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- "Jackson, Alouettes agree to one-year extension". 15 January 2019.
- "Als release veteran Ernest Jackson; ink Canadian QB". CFL.ca. 2019-05-19. Retrieved 2019-05-20.