Eldorado High School (New Mexico)
11300 Montgomery Blvd. NE
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87111
|Type||Public high school|
|Color(s)||Texas Orange, Gold, White|
|Athletics conference||NMAA, 5A Dist. 2|
|Rival||La Cueva High School|
The NMPED (New Mexico Public Education department) replaced the "No child left behind act" and AYP testing with a new school grading formula, which took effect for the 2010–11 school years. The grade is calculated usung many forms of testing, and includes graduation rates.
|School year||Grade from NMPED|
Eldorado competes in the New Mexico Activities Association 5A-District 2, along with Farmington High School, La Cueva High School, Piedra Vista High School and West Mesa High School. Eldorado's mascot is the Golden Eagle and has nineteen teams participating in twelve boys and girls sports; Eldorado's main rival is La Cueva High School.
Sports and State TitlesEdit
- Trent Dimas, Olympic gold medalist
- Jim Everett, professional football player
- Daniel Faris, professional basketball player
- Christian Parker, professional baseball player
- Jay Roach, film director
- Devon Sandoval, professional soccer player
- Vince Warren, Super Bowl champion
- Daniel Crothers, Justice, North Dakota Supreme Court
- Kyle Weiland, professional baseball player
- Zach Gentry, professional football player
The Eldorado Golden Eagle Marching Band is ranked first overall in Albuquerque competitions, ranked fourth in the New Mexico state competitions, and ranked 176th in the USA (current in 2014). The average band roster contains around 130 students; and was selected to be the New Mexico Honor Band in 2012.
- "ELDORADO HIGH". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 5, 2019.
- "School Grading". Webapp2.ped.state.nm.us. Archived from the original on 2012-01-14. Retrieved 2012-01-12.
- Lane, Charlotte Balcomb (June 11, 1999). "Native son directs 'Austin Powers'". Albuquerque Journal. p. B1.