Journal of Public Affairs Education
The Journal of Public Affairs Education is a quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal of public administration education that is published by Routledge on behalf of the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration. Since 2017, the editors-in-chief are Bruce D. McDonald, III (North Carolina State University) and William Hatcher (Augusta University).
|Edited by||Bruce D. McDonald, III; William Hatcher|
|Journal of Public Administration Education|
|ISO 4||J. Public Aff. Educ.|
Journal of Public Administration Education
The journal was established in 1995 by H. George Frederickson as the Journal of Public Administration Education. Initially published in coordination with the American Society for Public Administration's Section on Public Administration Education (SPAE), the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA) began discussions in 1996 on sponsoring the journal. In the fall of 1997, Frederickson transferred ownership of the journal to NASPAA. Under the new ownership, the name of the journal was changed to the current one to reflect the breadth of NASPAA's mission and to increase the appeal of the journal. Despite the change in name and ownership, the journal has continued to maintain a loose affiliation with SPAE.
From 1997, the journal was published by NASPAA; since January 2018 production and distribution were moved to Routledge.
The following persons have been editors-in-chief:
- 2016–2017: Marieka Klawitter, University of Washington
- 2010–2017: David Schultz, Hamline University
- 2009–2010: Heather E. Campbell, Arizona State University
- 2007–2008: Mario A. Rivera, University of New Mexico
- 2006–2006: Bruce Perlman, University of New Mexico
- 2001–2005: Ed Jennings, University of Kentucky
- 1998–2000: James L. Perry, Indiana University
- 1995–1997: Frank Marini, University of Akron
Abstracting and indexingEdit
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- McDonald, Bruce; Hatcher, William (2018). "From the Editors". Journal of Public Affairs Education. 24 (1): 1–2. doi:10.1080/15236803.2018.1431462.
- Perry, James (2010). "Reflections on the Journal of Public Affairs Education at 15: Changing NASPAA and the Field". Journal of Public Affairs Education. 16 (2): 119–122. doi:10.1080/15236803.2010.12001589.
- Riccucci, Norma M. (2007). "Public Administration Pedagogy: What Is It?". In Rabin, Jack; Hildreth, W. Bartley; Miller, Gerald J. (eds.). Handbook of Public Administration (3rd ed.). New York, NY: Taylor & Francis. pp. 757–766.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Clarivate Analytics. Retrieved 2019-07-22.
- "Journal of Public Affairs Education". MIAR: Information Matrix for the Analysis of Journals. University of Barcelona. Retrieved 2019-07-22.
- "Source details: Journal of Public Affairs Education". Scopus Preview. Elsevier. Retrieved 2019-07-22.