Docklands & East London Advertiser
The Docklands & East London Advertiser is a weekly local newspaper in east London, England covering primarily the borough of Tower Hamlets. It was formed in late 2011 by Archant's merging of The Docklands and the East London Advertiser. The East London Advertiser was founded in 1866 and had been owned by Archant since 2003.
|Circulation||6917 (January 2010)|
In June 2008 the East London Advertiser scooped two awards at the annual UK Press Gazette Regional Press Awards. It was named Weekly Paper of the Year (Circulation less than 20,000) and its deputy editor, Ted Jeory, was named Reporter of the Year (Weeklies), partly for his expose of the First Solution Money Transfer crisis in 2007.
- "East London Advertiser". Media UK. Archived from the original on 17 August 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Story of East London Advertiser, 1866-2008". 2 July 2008. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "East London Advertiser Product Page". ABC. Archived from the original on 19 July 2012. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "East London weeklies to merge next month". HoldtheFrontPage. 27 October 2011. Retrieved 17 November 2012.
- Press Gazette (13 June 2008). "Press Gazette Regional Press Awards 2008: The winners". Retrieved 22 June 2019.