DishHome is the DTH service provider in Nepal, operated by Dish Media Network Ltd. It was formed in 2010 after a merger between two DTH providers, namely Home TV and Dish Nepal. In the year of 2011 Sandmartin International Holding (SMT) became one of the key stareholder of Dish Media Network Pvt. Ltd. and provided expertise in developing new technologies and digital innovations in the satellite broadcasting.
Number of locations
|Hem Raj Dhakal, Sudeep Acharya|
Number of employees
As of April, 2019 DishHome has a total of 180+ television channels, including 130+ SD channels and 50+ HD channels.
DishHome uses MPEG-4 with DVB S2 digital compression technology, transmitting HD Channels and SD Channels in Ku-Band on Amos-4 at 65.0°E. DishHome relies on CAS from Verimatrix and Latens. Their STBs are provisioned by SandMartin and Arion. Its primary competitors are cable television providers, and other DTH service providers from India and China.
On 17 July 2013, DishHome temporarily shut down its transmission due to termination of its contract by the Hong Kong based PCCW Global, distributors of Intelsat for Nepal. After the service interruption from Amos-4, DishHome managed to transmit its channels via Yamal 402 at 54.9°E, and requested customers to change the direction of their dish antenna to avail the service. On 19 July 2013, DishHome switched back its service through Amos-4 again.
- "Home TV and Dish Nepal merged". www.ktm2day.com.
- "Nepal´s DTH provider Dish media crosses 500000 subscriber mark". nextvasia.com.[permanent dead link]
- Amos-4 906 at 65.0°E.LyngSat. Retrieved on 2013-12-08.
- Dish Home´s DTH service disrupted due to satellite switchover Archived 2013-12-02 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved on 2013-12-13.
- Dish Home service goes off air‚ two lakh subscribers hit. The Himalayan Times. Retrieved on 2013-12-13.