Dinner Date (American TV series)
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dinner Date, also known as Dinner Date with Vincent Lopez, is a musical variety show that was broadcast on the DuMont Television Network on Saturdays from 8 to 8:30pm ET from January 28, 1950 to July 29, 1950.
|Also known as||Dinner Date with Vincent Lopez|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||28|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original release||January 28 –|
July 29, 1950
The show, hosted by bandleader Vincent Lopez, was broadcast from the Grill Room at the Hotel Taft in New York City, where Lopez and his orchestra performed from 1942 to 1962. Besides Lopez's longtime vocalists Lee Russell and Ann Warren, the show featured guest stars such as Cab Calloway, Arthur Tracy, and Woody Herman.
None of the episodes are known to survive.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- The Vincent Lopez Show (1949–1950, 1957), a TV series also hosted by Lopez
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1