Desireé Cousteau was the stage name of a former pornographic actress of the 1970s and 1980s. She is best known for her roles in the 1978 film Pretty Peaches and 1979's Inside Désirée Cousteau. In 1993, she was inducted into the XRCO Hall of Fame, and, in 1997, she was inducted into the AVN Hall of Fame.
Cousteau aspired to be an mainstream model, but was deemed to not be tall and thin enough. She began to model lingerie before eventually posing for Penthouse magazine. She also attempted a career as a mainstream actress, landing a small part in the 1974 "women in prison" B-movie Caged Heat. Her career stagnated and she tired of being sexually propositioned for parts, so she soon began appearing in sex films after being asked by adult film director Alex de Renzy to appear in Pretty Peaches. She was usually typecast in sweet, dizzy, naïve roles. She worked steadily in adult movies from the late 1970s through the early 1980s.
- "The XRCO Hall of Fame", Adam Film World Guide 1994 Directory of Adult Films, p. 57
- "AVN Awards Hall of Fame - official listing - archived April 15, 2009". avnawards.com. Archived from the original on 15 April 2009. Retrieved 5 April 2015.
- Emmons, Becky (11 September 1981). "Star of X-rated films wants to upgrade 'art'". The South Bend Tribune. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- Ettinger, Stewart (7 November 1980). "Desiree Cousteau is one of the best paid erotic stars". Courier-Post. Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- Smith, Kent; Moore, Darrell W.; Reagle, Merl (1983). Adult Movies. Pocket Books (Mm). p. 65. ISBN 9780671468446. Retrieved 27 May 2019.
- "Silver Spoonfuls: A Star Is Porn," High Society magazine, November 1979, pp. 8-9.
- Jules Griffon, "The Third Annual Erotica Awards", Adam Film World, Vol. 7, No. 8, January 1980, pp. 24–27.
- "The Exploding Kinetoscope: All-American Deep-Dish Comedy: PRETTY PEACHES (1978)". explodingkinetoscope.blogspot.com. Retrieved 5 April 2015.