|Look up deficit in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A deficit is the amount by which a sum falls short of some reference amount.
- Balance of payments deficit, when the balance of payments is negative
- Government budget deficit
- Deficit spending, the amount by which spending exceeds revenue
- Primary deficit, the pure deficit derived after deducting the interest payments
- Structural and cyclical deficit, parts of the public sector deficit
- Income deficit, the difference between family income and the poverty threshold
- Trade deficit, when the value of imports exceed the value of exports
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Deficit|
- Government debt, the accumulated amount of deficits; "debt" and "deficit" are sometimes confused.
- Deficit Reduction Act (disambiguation)
- Deficit reduction (disambiguation)
- Fiscal (disambiguation)
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Deficit.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.