Helaine Head(Redirected from Danger Team)
January 17, 1947|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Film director, television director, theatre director|
In television, some of her directing credits are St. Elsewhere, Cagney & Lacey, Frank's Place, L.A. Law, Wiseguy, Tour of Duty, Brewster Place, seaQuest 2032, Law & Order and Sliders. She has also directed a number of television films.
During the 1970s and early 1980s, Head worked as a theatre director and stage manager in a number of stage productions on Broadway.
In 1990, Head directed The Danger Team, a 24-minute claymation special intended to be the pilot episode of a potentially longer running TV show. The pilot aired on ABC on July 3, 1991, and featured claymation mixed with live actors. The pilot episode was poorly received and was not picked up for a full series.
- Helaine Head Biography ((?)-), Film Reference
- Goldberg, Lee (April 7, 1992). "PRIVATE EYEFULS". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- Svetkey, Benjamin. "Pilots: The Ones That Didn't Fly". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- Holbert, Ginny (July 3, 1991). "`Danger Team' pilot doesn't fly". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- "Review: The Danger Team". Variety Magazine. July 8, 1991. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- School of Cinematic Arts Directory Profile: Helaine Head