Doppelmayr Cable Car
Doppelmayr Cable Car GmbH (DCC) is a supplier of automated people movers (APM) based in Wolfurt, Austria. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Doppelmayr Garaventa Group. Their main product is the cable-propelled Cable Liner systems used in airports, city centres, intermodal passenger transport connections, park and ride facilities, campuses, resorts, and amusement parks.
|Products||Automated People Mover Systems|
|Services||Fully automated Cable-Propelled APM Systems|
|Parent||Doppelmayr Garaventa Group|
|Website||Doppelmayr Cable Car|
In 2003, after the world’s first maglev transport system (opened in 1984 at Birmingham International Airport) fell into disrepair, DCC installed the "AirRail Link" to replace the maglev and temporary replacement bus-service that had been operating since 1995.
DCC is an ISO 9001:2000 certified company.
DCC was established by the Doppelmayr Group in 1996.
- 1999: completion of the Mandalay Bay Tram in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- 2002: Doppelmayr merged with Garaventa Group
- 2002: completion of AirRail Link at Birmingham International Airport, UK
- 2006: completion of the LINK Train in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2006: award of Venice People Mover contract for the City of Venice, Italy
- 2006: award of contract for MGM Mirage CityCenter in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
- 2007: completion of the Cable Liner Shuttle at Mexico City International Airport
- 2007: award of Automated People Mover contract for the New Doha International Airport in Qatar
- 2010: commenced construction of the Oakland Airport Connector due to open in 2014
- 2012: completion of the Emirates Air Line (cable car) in London
- 2013: completion of the Cabletren Bolivariano in Caracas
- 2014: completion of BART to Oakland International Airport
- 2021: scheduled completion of Luton DART at Luton Airport near London, UK
- "Company". Doppelmayr Cable Car GmbH.
- "Birmingham International Airport People Mover". Arup. Archived from the original on 2007-11-29. Retrieved 2008-07-11.
- "Doppelmayr Cable Car to build Cable Liner in London". Doppelmayr press release. 18 April 2018. Archived from the original on 22 December 2018. Retrieved 22 December 2018.