Contra viento y marea
|Contra viento y marea|
|Created by||Kary Fajer|
|Based on||La loba herida|
by Manuel Muñoz Rico
|Directed by||Marta Luna|
|Theme music composer|
|Opening theme||"Contra viento y marea" by Intocable|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||130|
|Executive producer(s)||Nicandro Díaz González|
|Original network||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|Original release||25 April –|
4 November 2005
|Preceded by||Apuesta por un amor|
|Followed by||Barrera de amor|
On Monday, April 25, 2005, Canal de las Estrellas started broadcasting Contra viento y marea weekdays at 8:00pm, replacing Apuesta por un amor. The last episode was broadcast on Friday, November 4, 2005 with Barrera de amor replacing it on Monday, November 7, 2005. On Monday, September 12, 2005, Univisión started broadcasting it at 8pm.
Marlene Favela and Sebastián Rulli starred as protagonists, while Azela Robinson, Alberto Estrella and Ernesto D'Alessio starred as antagonists. Kika Edgar, Adriana Fonseca and the leading actresses Beatriz Sheridan and Evita Muñoz starred as stellar performances.
Natalia Ríos is a lovely young girl who lives with her aunt Inés. Her aunt’s husband, Arcadio, is a shameless man who tries to rape Natalia and ends up selling her into white slavery to a gang of thugs. One of them, Valente, takes pity on the innocent young girl. He saves her and they both run away, but are soon found by the criminals. Valente confronts them to give Natalia a chance to escape and is badly wounded. Natalia is able to get away and goes back to her aunt, only to find her on her deathbed. Inés tells her that, from now on, she must live with Doña Carlota at the home of the wealthy Serrano family. When Natalia arrives at the mansion, Don Teodoro and his daughter Sandra welcome her with open arms, but his wife Apolonia, Doña Carlota’s daughter, treats her with contempt.
Sebastián lives with his adoptive family: Amparo, who has always rejected him; her son Eduardo, who loves and is loyal to Sebastián, thinking they are really brothers; and the grandmother, Doña Cruz. One night, Eduardo is attacked by a drunkard and Sebastián defends him, leaving the attacker unconscious in the street. A street bum who witnessed the fight then robs and kills the man, but Sebastián is blamed for the murder and sent to prison.
Years later, Natalia and Eduardo become friends in college. She is truly fond of him, but only as a friend. Eduardo, however, falls madly in love with her. Sebastián is released for good behavior and meets Natalia during an embarrassing incident where he must defend her from his inebriated friends. Even though they haven’t met again after that first encounter, Natalia and Sebastián cannot stop thinking about each other, and Eduardo and Sebastián do not realize that they have fallen in love with the same woman.
Sebastián is desperate because no one will give him a job, so he decides to try his luck in Mexico City. There, fate brings him face to face with Natalia once more, and they finally confess their love for each other. Natalia promises to find him work at the Serrano family’s tuna cannery, where she herself is employed, and they both go back to Comala. Meanwhile, Apolonia is searching for the illegitimate son she had in her youth and gave up for adoption to Amparo’s husband. Amparo sees the chance to benefit her own child and tells Apolonia that Eduardo is her son. In an attempt to win his love, Apolonia gives him a job at the cannery and decides to make all his wishes come true. When she learns that Eduardo is in love with Natalia, Apolonia does everything in her power to force her to marry him, but Natalia’s love belongs to Sebastián and she will not give in to Apolonia’s pressure.
It is only when Eduardo falls gravely ill and is not expected to live long that Natalia must decide whether she should marry him out of compassion, or be true to her heart and defend her love for Sebastian "Against All Odds".
<!asas This section is organized as shown in the official opening theme of the telenovela, please do not change the order asas>
- Marlene Favela as Natalia Ríos
- Sebastián Rulli as Sebastián Cárdenas
- Adriana Fonseca as Sandra Serrano Rudell
- Azela Robinson as Apolonia Rudell de Serrano. Main villain. Wife of Teodoro, lover of Valente, later his wife, hates Sebastián and Natalia, likes Eduardo, believes that he is her son, obsessed with him. Responsible for murders. Poisoned by her mother, Carlota, because she wanted to save her from the jail
- Kika Edgar as Regina Campos / Luna gitana<!asas Please do not use names extras or surname, only credited you as "Regina Campos / Luna gitana". asas>
- Ernesto D'Alessio as Eduardo Cárdenas. In love with Natalia. Good at first, but turns villain, when he comes to known that Sebastianito is not his son. He becomes lover and accomplice of Apollonia and wants to revenge on Sebastian and Natalia. He organizes his own dead. Ends up in jail.
- Armando Araiza as Imanol Balmaceda Sandoval. Good at first, but turns villain, obsessed with Sandra and mishandles her, because she cheated him earlier. Ends up in insane asylum
- Alberto Estrella as Valente Ortigoza / Franco Gallardo. Villain. In love with Natalia, hates Sebastián and wanted to kill him on Isla Yacaré. He saves him in the end of the story and repents his maleficence
- Evita Muñoz as Doña Cruz Cárdenas
- Beatriz Sheridan as Doña Carlota Vda. de Rudell. Apollonia's mother, villain, commits suicide with drinking poison
- Luis Couturier as Don Teodoro Serrano Killed by Rodas and Valente. Whe he was murdered, was staying there Veneno, Cheleque and Almeja, Carlota, Valente and Rodas, Lucía and also Amparo.
- Silvia Manríquez as Amparo Contreras de Cárdenas, villain, turns good
- Alexis Ayala as Ricardo Sandoval, villain, but turns good. Killed by Tuerto to order of Apollonia
- Roberto Ballesteros as Arcadio, villain in the first episode
- Miguel Galván as Adán
- Julio Camejo as Saúl Trejo "Veneno". Villain, turns good
- Juan Carlos Serrán as Comandante Ruiz
- Mariana Ávila as Zarela Balmaceda Sandoval
- Marco Méndez as Renato Alday
- Yula Pozo as Tirsa
- Yolanda Ventura as Isabel
- Miguel Ángel Biaggio as Cuco
- Nicky Mondellini as Constanza Sandoval de Balmaceda.
- Carmen Amezcua as Lucía Campos
- Silvia Suárez as Adelina
- Irina Areu as La Colorada, villain, works for Apollonia
- Lucero Lander as Inés
- Federico Pizarro as Alvaro Campos
- Aleida Núñez as Perla
- Alex Sirvent as Chema
- Daniel Habiff as Frank Balmaceda Sandoval, villain, later good
- Uberto Bondoni as Almeja. villain, later good
- José Luis Cantú as Cheleque villain, later good
- Luis Fernando Madriz as Chito
- Mayrra Saavedra as Yuraima
- Ursula Monserrat as Rita
- Xorge Noble as Cuasimodo "El Tuerto," villain, hired killer, accomplice of Apollonia, arrested by the police
- Carlos Balart as Fidel Rodas, villain, works for Valente, wants to kill Sebastián and Natalia on Isla Yacaré, killed by Valente
- Sergio Acosta as Mike, villain, hired killer, turns good and helps Natalia and Sebastian
- Liz Vega as Juncal
- Óscar Morelli as General Valdez
- Julio Monterde as Padre Dimas
- Elizabeth Álvarez as Minerva de Lizárraga, villain, turns good
- Miguel Garza as Fabricio
- Ana Luisa Peluffo as Bibi de la Macorra
- Paty Romero as Odalis #1
- Jackeline Arroyo as Odalis #2
- Gloria Chávez as Vilma
- Marisol González as Melissa
- Gerardo Quiroz
- Alfonso Munguía as Domingo Rojas
- Luis Fernando Madriz as "Chito"
- Charly Alberto as Beni
- Rubén Olivares "El Púas" as Rubén
- Vicente Herrera as Macaco, villain, works for Valente
- Mario Figueroa as Fabián
- Fabián Robles as Jerónimo
|2006||Premios Bravo||Best Leading Actor||Luis Couturier||Won|
- "Against All Odds". televisainternacional. Retrieved July 9, 2016.
- "Fallece la actriz Beatriz Sheridan". eluniversal.com.mx. Retrieved April 30, 2006.
- "Univision Premiers 'Contra Viento y Marea'". hispanicad.com. Retrieved August 13, 2005.
- "Conoce la historia..." archive.org. Archived from the original on May 22, 2013. Retrieved July 25, 2016.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "El Universal; Los premios bravo 2006". eluniversal.com. Retrieved July 25, 2016.