Order of Fiji
The Order of Fiji is the highest honour of the Fijian honours system. Established 1 March 1995, the order is presented for achievement and merit to Fiji and mankind as a whole. The order is divided into a general division and military division, and is presented in three classes, with an associated medal.
|Order of Fiji|
|Established||1 March 1995|
|Ribbon||Red with a white central stripe. Awards in the military division have a narrow red stripe bisecting the white central stripe.|
|Eligibility||Fijian nationals or anyone who makes an impact for Fiji|
|Awarded for||Achievement and merit to Fiji and mankind as a whole.|
|Chancellor||President of Fiji|
|Grades||Companion (CF), Officer (OF), Member (MF), Medal (MOF)|
|Next (lower)||President's Cross|
Ribbon of the General Division
Ribbon of the Military Division
The President of Fiji serves as the chancellor of the order and also as the order's Principal Companion. Following their terms of office, former Presidents remain as Companions of the Order of Fiji.
The Order of Fiji has been a Commonwealth honour ever since Fiji returned to its membership of the Commonwealth in October 1997, albeit, as a Commonwealth republic
Grades and divisionsEdit
- Companion (CF)
- Officer (OF)
- Member (MF)
- Medal (MOF)
- Peter Thomson
- Frank Bainimarama
- Iliesa Delana
- Ratu Sir Kamisese Mara
- Petero Mataca
- Tony Philp
- Sir Paul Reeves
- Ben Ryan
- Vijay Singh
- Daniel Fatiaki
- Ratu Josefa Iloilo
- Ratu Epeli Nailatikau
- Satya Nandan
- Jai Ram Reddy
- Filipe Bole
- Chris Cracknell (rugby union)
- Murray McCully
- Sir Michael Somare
- Anthony Gates
- "Fiji Government Online Portal - PRESIDENT TO BESTOW HONORS TO FIJI". Fiji.gov.fj. 29 May 2013. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "FIJI HONOURS AND AWARDS ACT, 1995 ACT NO. 7 OF 1995". Pacific Islands Legal Information Institute. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "The Honour System". Fiji Focus. 2 (5). Fiji Ministry of Information. 12 March 2011. p. 19. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- "Peter Thomson of Fiji President of Seventy-First General Assembly | Meetings Coverage and Press Releases". www.un.org. Retrieved 2019-07-31.
- "'Humanitarian' medal for Bainimarama". Heraldsun.com.au. 24 April 2009. Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- "2009 Anthony Steven (Tony) Philp - Windsurfing - Fiji Association of Sports and National Olympic Committee". SportsTG. Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- "Sir Paul Reeves state funeral - updates - Story - NZ News". 3 News. Archived from the original on 3 September 2011. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2018-01-06. Retrieved 2016-08-22.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Meeting the Prime Minister, Hon. Qarase, in his office". State Visit by Sir Michael Somare, the Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea. Government of Fiji. Archived from the original on 24 October 2007. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Fiji Honours - Order of Fiji (Companion)". World Association for the Development of Philately Numbering System. Universal Postal Union. Retrieved 1 September 2013.