Come and Stay With Me
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"Come and Stay With Me"|
|Single by Marianne Faithfull|
|B-side||"What Have I Done Wrong?"|
|Producer(s)||Andrew Loog Oldham|
|Marianne Faithfull singles chronology|
Faithfull's former manager Tony Calder told Mojo magazine in September 2008 that the song was written in Los Angeles, where he was with Jimmy Page who had an affair with DeShannon: "One night I couldn't get into our hotel room because Jimmy and Jackie DeShannon were shagging. So I yelled, 'When you've finished could you write a song for Marianne?'" DeShannon came up with this song plus with Page an album track, "In My Time of Sorrow."
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||26|
|UK Singles Chart||4|
|Australia Kent Music Report||6 |
|Ireland IRMA||6 |
|French Singles Chart||43|
- Cher recorded a cover version of the song for her 1965 debut solo album All I Really Want to Do.
- German-American singer Katja Holländer, daughter of composer Friedrich Hollaender, recorded the song with German lyrics as "Immer wenn ich deinen Namen hör'" for her 1966 album Hallo, Katja! (Germany only).
- Jackie DeShannon recorded the song herself on her 1968 album Laurel Canyon.
- "MARIANNE FAITHFULL | full Official Chart History | Official Charts Company". Officialcharts.com. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- "Come and Stay With Me by Marianne Faithfull Songfacts". Songfacts.com. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- "Billboard Magazine, May 1, 1965". Billboard.