Koelnmesse GmbH (Cologne Trade Fair) is an international trade fair and exhibition center located in Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. With around 80 trade fairs and over 2,000 conferences annually, Koelnmesse is one of the country's largest trade fair organisers and with 284,000 m² exhibition floor area the third largest by area.
|Koelmesse Exhibition Centre|
Koelnmesse north entrance
|Address||Messeplatz 1, 50679,|
|Owner||Koelnmesse GmbH private company|
|• Total space||284,000 m2 (3,060,000 sq ft)|
|Public transit access||S-Bahn, U-Bahn, Taxi, Plane|
The Cologne Trade Fair ground was founded in 1922. Until 2005, the trade fair was based in the historic Rheinhallen, and since then moved into new premises next to them. The old Fair Tower Cologne (Messeturm Köln) is a landmark building from 1928 and features a tower restaurant on the top floor.
Since 2018, the fair has been undergoing the greatest renovation works in its history. They are expected to last until 2030 and cost €600 million. Two thirds of that amount will be spent renovating the seven southern halls, dating from the 1970s.
Among others the following trade fairs are held in Cologne:
- Anuga, the world's most important food and beverage trade fair
- Anuga FoodTec, the supplier fair for the food and drink industry
- Art Cologne
- Dmexco, the leading international exposition and conference for the digital industry
- EuVend, the international trade fair for the vending industry
- Gamescom, most important trade fair for interactive games and entertainment in Europe
- Imm Cologne, leading trade fair for the furniture sector
- Intermot, international motorcycle, scooter and bicycle fair
- Internationale Süßwarenmesse (ISM), world's largest confectionery trade fair
- Photokina, the world's leading fair for photography and imaging
The trade fair grounds lie in Cologne's right-Rhenish district of Deutz, directly adjacent to Köln Messe/Deutz station to the south. Among others, the station has ICE connections by Deutsche Bahn to Köln Hbf and Cologne/Bonn Airport. West of the trade fair grounds lies the Rheinpark, a 40 hectare large park on the River Rhine, and Tanzbrunnen, an open-air theater.
Apart from the Köln Messe/Deutz station to the south, the Cologne trade fair center is also served by the Cologne Stadtbahn station Koelnmesse to the East.
|Preceding station||KVB||Following station|
toward Bocklemünd Görlinger-Zentrum
|Koelnmesse Ausstellungen GmbH||Cologne||Germany||www.koelnmesse.com|
|Koelnmesse Pte. Ltd.||Singapore||Singapore||www.koelnmesse.com.sg|
|Koelnmesse Inc.||Chicago||United States||www.koelnmessenafta.com|
|Koelnmesse Co. Ltd.||Beijing||People's Republic of China||www.koelnmesse.cn|
|Koelnmesse Ltd.||Hong Kong||Hong Kong||www.koelnmesse.cn|
|Koelnmesse Co. Ltd.||Tokyo||Japan||www.koelnmesse.jp|
|Koelnmesse YA Tradefair Pvt. Ltd.||Mumbai||India||www.koelnmesse-india.com|
|Koelnmesse Co., Ltd.||Bangkok||Thailand||www.koelnmesse.com|
|Koelnmesse Organização de Feiras Ltda.||Rio de Janeiro||Brazil||www.koelnmesse.com|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Koelnmesse.|