Christopher Reshard Hudson (born October 6, 1971) is a former American college and professional football player who was a safety in the National Football League (NFL) for seven seasons during the 1990s and early 2000s. Hudson played college football for the University of Colorado, and earned All-American honors. A third-round pick of the Jacksonville Jaguars in the 1995 NFL Draft, he also played professionally for the Chicago Bears and Atlanta Falcons of the NFL.
|No. 20, 37, 47|
|Born:||October 6, 1971|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||199 lb (90 kg)|
|High school:||Houston (TX) Worthing|
|NFL Draft:||1995 / Round: 3 / Pick: 71|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
While attending the University of Colorado at Boulder, Hudson played for the Colorado Buffaloes football team from 1991 to 1994. He was a versatile defensive back who could play any position in the backfield and play it well. As senior in 1994, he was recognized as a consensus first-team All-American and won the Jim Thorpe Award awarded annually to the best college defensive back in the nation. He finished his college career with the second-most interceptions in Buffaloes team history, and fifth on the team's all-time list for pass deflections.
The Jacksonville Jaguars selected Hudson in the third round (71st pick overall) of the 1995 NFL Draft, and he played for the Jaguars from 1995 to 1998. He also was a member of the Chicago Bears in 1999, and after a year off in 2000, returned to the NFL in 2001 with the Atlanta Falcons. During his six his seasons in the NFL, he played in 77 regular season games, started in 63 of them, and compiled 11 interceptions.
- National Football League, Historical Players, Chris Hudson. Retrieved February 7, 2012.
- databaseFootball.com, Players, Chris Hudson Archived 2012-03-24 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved February 7, 2012.
- Jim Thorpe Association, Thorpe Award Winners, Chris Hudson Archived December 30, 2012, at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved February 7, 2012.
- 2010 Division I Football Record Book, Award Winners and All-Americans, National Collegiate Athletic Association, Indianapolis, Indiana, p. 10 (2010). Retrieved February 7, 1914.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame, Draft History, 1995 National Football League Draft. Retrieved February 7, 2012.
- Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Chris Hudson. Retrieved February 7, 2012.